More modern inventions

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
What's with those silly plastic diffusers they put on the top of liquor bottles?
When I am ready for my Southern Comfort (sweet tooth, y'know), I want it to flow fast and hard. I want it to gush into my glass, like......'yesterday'- I don't have all night.

Cheers, btw.

Last edited:
Yeah. What're those all about, anyway?

===

And why did my cat bring in a half-eaten, not-quite-dead snake, and leve it to bleed on the hallway carpet?

What's with those silly plastic diffusers they put on the top of liquor bottles?
When I am ready for my Southern Comfort (sweet tooth, y'know), I want it to flow fast and hard. I want it to gush into my glass, like......'yesterday'- I don't have all night.

Cheers, btw.

They stop bugs from going into the bottle. If the Health Dept. comes and finds fruit flies in the bottles it carries a fine for the establishment. X-ammount per bottle times however many bottles and you have a tab with them. They come by my job looking for this kind of stuff all the time. Real ball busters they are. It's also mandatory for outside bars.

They stop bugs from going into the bottle. If the Health Dept. comes and finds fruit flies in the bottles it carries a fine for the establishment. X-ammount per bottle times however many bottles and you have a tab with them. They come by my job looking for this kind of stuff all the time. Real ball busters they are. It's also mandatory for outside bars.

Great. Here we go again.

Dave is dying of thirst because some creepy crawly thing might also like Southern Comfort. Whatta world.

Great. Here we go again.

Dave is dying of thirst because some creepy crawly thing might also like Southern Comfort. Whatta world.
I'm not sure that makes sense. It seems at sixteen I was chugging way more orange juice in the morning after I had been consuming such other beverages. Of course, it was my making a quart of orange juice disappear in seconds flat that inspired my mom to say, "Got drunk last night, huh?"

Oops! :redface:

They stop bugs from going into the bottle.

A bug trap?
Didn't work very well for my bottle of tequila, did it!
Besides, I thought it was good to have something to eat while you drank?

When we had creepy crawly things in baked goods on the ship (mid-60s, USS Enterprise, supposedly due to eggs in the flour that couldn't be sifted out), the medical officer just said it was a good source of additional protein. Most of the baked things had nuts added so you could tell your self that the crunchie was a nut. When we returned from that cruise, a new brand of cereal had been introduced - "Crispy Critters". It wasn't to big of a hit with us.

A bug trap?
Didn't work very well for my bottle of tequila, did it!
Besides, I thought it was good to have something to eat while you drank?
Hmmm - shouldn't that have been a bottle of mezcal, then?? Ain't no worms in tequila!! :eek:

Hmmm - shouldn't that have been a bottle of mezcal, then?? Ain't no worms in tequila!! :eek:

Then WHAT the HECK's in my tequila, and why did the store clerk say they are supposed to have them!??

I just looked at all my bottles of liquor and only two had diffusers. One was plastic on a large bottle of rum and the other was metal on a bottle of Bacardi 151. I think the one on the Bacardi bottle is designed as a flame arrester.

When we had creepy crawly things in baked goods on the ship (mid-60s, USS Enterprise, supposedly due to eggs in the flour that couldn't be sifted out), the medical officer just said it was a good source of additional protein. Most of the baked things had nuts added so you could tell your self that the crunchie was a nut. When we returned from that cruise, a new brand of cereal had been introduced - "Crispy Critters". It wasn't to big of a hit with us.

Always amazed at the depth of knowledge on here: and all this time I thought Crispy Critters were what came outta forest fires <g> So....it's a cereal?

Best,

Dave

I always pop the diffuser off.

Makes for easy chugging.

BTW - I always found the Canadian Mist Whiskey bottles to be hilarious, with their chug grip handle. Tell me that handle was not designed for anything else, I dare ya! :D

[Cue Bud Light Announcer's voice]

Real men of genius
Mr. liquor bottle diffuser inventor
You keep the bugs out of the drink
And the worm in the mezcal

Back