More baseball (NA)

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
File this under proud papa pix. I don't know what I like better, the swing, the determination, or the photographer's ability to catch the ball just beginning to leap off the bat.

This is my 8 year old, hitting against a 45 mph machine. This particular hit turned out to be a first-inning double in the gap. Alas, we lost the game in the bottom of the last inning.

Attachments

• Baseball2.JPG
    Baseball2.JPG
    949.5 KB · Views: 48
File this under proud papa pix. I don't know what I like better, the swing, the determination, or the photographer's ability to catch the ball just beginning to leap off the bat.
Wow, what an incredible shot! :yes: Love the look on his face. It's always good to hear something positive from a proud papa. :)

This is my 8 year old, hitting against a 45 mph machine. This particular hit turned out to be a first-inning double in the gap. Alas, we lost the game in the bottom of the last inning.

Excellent form! Front foot pointed out toward the infield, back foot "squishing the bug," good arm extension and balance... You've taught him well! :yes:

....and his eye on the ball! Great shot Ken! :yes:

Ahh yes! Gotta watch the ball all the way to the bat. (Now you just gotta teach him to switch-hit and catch... a good switch-hitting catcher is practically guaranteed the league minimum! :D)

A great pic!

Somebody's doing something right. :yes: Kudos to Dad and the family!

Excellent form! Front foot pointed out toward the infield, back foot "squishing the bug," good arm extension and balance... You've taught him well! :yes:
I agree. I went through 10 years of youth baseball and your son has good form.

BTW I remember when I didn't have to wear a belt to keep my pants up (long time ago).:)

I just HATE sports parents. Got home from a game just now and a dad emailed me from his blackberry while he was AT the game, chastising me for having his son sit out an inning. (12 players per team, 10 on the field, free substitution, so each inning two kids sit out.) It was the first time all season his kid has sat.

Sorry to say that I think this will be my last season coaching, after 11 seasons. I love the kids and most of the parents are great. But then you get folks like this and it just makes it not worth it.

Last edited:
he sure looks focused....

Did he remember to run to first? Hard to switch thoughts when you're so focused on something :D

Too bad they lost. But losing teaches kids how to deal with life, IMHO. Those kids that never lost are the ones growing up to be maladjusted adults.

Yes, to me, kids sports is that important!

OK, last little league post for a while. I was running through the photos my wife and son took this season cuz we make a photo CD for all the players. Before you click on the link, here's the situation:

Pirates are down by 11-10 in the bottom of the last inning. My son, Parker, is up. He's the #3 hitter. He doubles to left center. So tying run is on second with one out and our #4 hitter coming up. Alex drives it over the left fielder's head and it rolls to the fence. Left fielder runs down the ball, throws it to short, who relays it home. The attached photo is the fourth in a series of seven frames that capture the play. Parker is in the background.

Attachments

• We win sm.JPG
    We win sm.JPG
    888.6 KB · Views: 17
That's a photo you should see in SI.

The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat, all rolled into one photo! Had this been a majors photo, you wife would be gettin' paid for that shot.

Last edited:
Looks like the catcher dropped the ball there, literally. That's a good last minute comeback!

The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat, all rolled into one photo! Had this been a majors photo, you wife would be gettin' paid for that shot.

Indeed. What an amazing shot - great work by the photog (and your son!!!)

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back