More Banjo Music

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Since I make some of you sick with a bad rendition of Cripple Creek, me and a friend on banjo, Karen on guitar and Venus the cat on rhythm. I thought I should at least try and make it up to you with a better played song. I got a new digital recorder over the weekend and started playing with it. Still need to play with the mix a little better but this is me and Karen playing Liza Jane.

The file is an mp3 that shold play on your favorite mp3 player software or external player device

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
yes sir there is a little bit of that going on. Very perceptive, are you a picker?

Yea, but mine has six strings (sometimes 12)B) Haven't been able to play for a few years due to multiple shoulder and elbow surgeries. Hopefully another month or so and I'll be able to tune 'em back up and get back at it.
Keep in mind that I live in the Nashville area where there is a larger supply of outstanding musicians than there are anything else. Live music every night is one of the benefits of living in this area.
If ever in the area I'll be glad to take you to some outstanding honkey tonks for some pickin' and a grinnin' (no politics, just great music).

Last edited:
kevin47881 said:
Yea, but mine has six strings (sometimes 12)B) Haven't been able to play for a few years due to multiple shoulder and elbow surgeries. Hopefully another month or so and I'll be able to tune 'em back up and get back at it.
Keep in mind that I live in the Nashville area where there is a larger supply of outstanding musicians than there are anything else. Live music every night is one of the benefits of living in this area.
If ever in the area I'll be glad to take you to some outstanding honkey tonks for some pickin' and a grinnin' (no politics, just great music).

Cool. I posted this before but here is a pic of my axes.

If I get to Nashville that would be neat. Was kinda of planning a trip to Memphis. IYO which is the better music place to visit? Wife likes the blues and I like CW.

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
Cool. I posted this before but here is a pic of my axes.

If I get to Nashville that would be neat. Was kinda of planning a trip to Memphis. IYO which is the better music place to visit? Wife likes the blues and I like CW.

Good looking pieces.
As far as music goes...Memphis has more blues clubs than Nashville and Nashville has more CW clubs than Memphis. However, both have a good supply of both.
One thing to keep in mind, Memphis is not anywhere near as safe as Nashville. I have conducted business in Memphis for years and am still not comfortable heading out to the inner city (where Beale Street is) at night.
Nashville's inner city (where all the clubs are located, Printers Alley more specifically) is much safer from my experience. Now, that being said, I may just be more comfortable in familiar surroundings.
If you and/or your wife is interested in visiting Graceland, the choice becomes much easier.:D

That's a nice recording of some nice playing. very pretty.

Back