More airline security follies

Re: TSA saves airliner from an errrrr.... pump

My lord can we get some folks with at least a Highschool education screening folks at the airport.

AdamZ said:
My lord can we get some folks with at least a Highschool education screening folks at the airport.

Or at least make them watch the first Austin Powers movie.

Yeah baby!

AdamZ said:
It would appear not. Good grief, why do I not feel any safer with idjits like that in charge of security.

I was in Reno last week. Trip out---> no problems. Coming back? @Reno I had to open my bag and watch everything being taken out, then put back in. Then my hand carried - laptop, headset, handheld navcom, GPS (and associated cords, pwer supplies, etc.), had to opened, emptied, swabbed. One of the swabs "hit", so I got to be frisked and taken off to the side. I asked what the swab hit for and the screener and supervisor didn't know (or would not say). So then they swabbed again and no hit. Repack the bag, gather all the stuff, and they double checked the re-swab. Hit again. Now what? Big supe came over and they talked. Kept looking over looking at bag looking at me.

Does not do any good to get upset so I stood there smiling. Got frisked again, and asked the guy if maybe next time I could pay to have a female do it. Everyone laffed a little. They finally let me pass, but I swear every 5 minutes a TSA person walked by and checked me out. I was going to offer to buy the one female a beer, but instead I told her she was coming by so often I was going to have to call my wife and let her know there was competition. She looked once more and moved on. But she smiled.

Next time, I buy my tickets as Kareem Al Wheet. I'd even dribble in my shorts for them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And in today's news of follies, it appears that British Airways won't have a leg to stand on....
Airline loses athlete's leg
From correspondents in Wellington, New Zealand
29aug06

NEW Zealand disabled athlete Kate Horan has been tripped up by new airline security measures that led to the loss of her running leg just a week before the world championships, a report said today.

Horan, the 400m world record holder for her class until recently, used to take the $NZ10,000 ($8,425) leg on planes as carry-on luggage.

But new security restrictions by airlines meant the leg had to be checked into the hold, and it did not reappear after Horan recently took a British Airways flight from London to Amsterdam, the Dominion Post newspaper reported.

rpadula said:
But on the bright side, passengers are boarding and de-boarding faster now that people aren't clogging up the aisles with their roll-on behemoths:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2006-08-29-bags-usat_x.htm

'Course, the downside is, yer checked bags get lost. :mad:

-Rich

Lost bags are a fact. 6 flights, 4 with lost bags. None with tight (>1 hour) connections. Oh sure, I get them the next day, but my douche kit is packed in the bag, so I am liable to be a bit more ripe than desireable.

And it's across the board. DL, USAir, UAL and NWA.

I believe on O'Boogie Airways we would not have this issue.:D

A MAN WEARING a jacket and carrying a bag was able to sneak a bomb onto a flight from Manila to Davao City last month at the height of the nationwide security alert after Britain uncovered a plot to blow up transatlantic planes.

The man pulled off the same stunt on the return flight to Manila.

Had he detonated the bomb, he would have turned the commercial plane into a fireball and killed himself, the crew and hundreds of other passengers.

The man turned out to be a civilian antiterrorism expert tapped by a government official to test security measures at Philippine airports after British police foiled a plan to blow up US-bound planes in midair using liquid explosives.

C4 plastic bomb

The security expert said he attached a piece of C4, a plastic explosive, to the sole of his leather shoe, and placed another piece inside an electric adaptor.

http://newsinfo.inq7.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view_article.php?article_id=18380
:hairraise: But at least he didn't do anything dangerous like take out a bottle of water!

I read the story of the gate screeners being told to find "THIS KNIFE" and "THIS gun" and "THIS bomb" on the X-ray machine. When they said things like "that could be a bomb" the trainer said "NO! THIS IS THE BOMB!" because the testers always used used one specific "knife," one specific "gun", and one specific "bomb" to test the screeners. They only needed to be able spot those.

"You're doing a great job..."

For whatever reason the TSA screeners in NYC in the U.S. weren't gonna let J.K. Rowling take the only copy of the manuscript for the next Harry Potter Book...

LONDON -J.K. Rowling says she won an argument with airport security officials in New York to carry the manuscript of the final "Harry Potter" book as carry-on baggage. Had security agents not relented, the British author said on her Web site, she might not have flown

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060914/ap_on_en_ot/britain_rowling

Exactly where on the list of prohibited items is a bunch of loose paper?

Oh. I know! Since these maroons can't read they didn't know what it was and had to be careful.

http://www.jkrowling.com

Last edited:

mikea said:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/brown/cst-nws-brown24.html
Guilty of flying with an accent.

You just know these people hear "bomb" because they're trained to hear "bomb." It cost the life of that manic guy in Florida who was shot by the air marshalls.

As a side note, this may also explain why the Talibaiis are so short with their women.:rolleyes:

Back