More Advantage GA

Arnold

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Arnold
Lance's thread reminded me of my recent, trip to FL with wife and kids, one I would not have made in its entirety on the airlines.

The mission Family needs to get out of the cold AND visit with relatives living south along the east coast. Family size is five. Wife, daughter in college and on spring break, daughter just under 3 years and son just over 1 year. Time available. Sat. 2/26 1200 to Sun 3/6 1700. Origin and Destination PHL.

Stops desired: Naples FL, Lantana FL, Crystal River FL, Wilimington, NC. Also oldest daughter was doing school project and needed to go to Lantana on day before the rest of us. On the trip south we needed to make a fuel stop and did so at Allendale, SC.

AOPA flight planner says this is just under 2000 nm or about 2300 sm. We were able to do it in 10 days at a reasonable cost. The longest leg was 3+30 from KPHL to 88J the remainder were under 2+40, some only 0+30.

GA was the only way to make this trip and see everyone.

Arnold,

Absolutely! I also have many stories of how I was able to tour 18 cities in 1 month...land 5 minutes from my meeting in most cases...visit 3 cities in one work day...and many examples of how I was able to get home via GA but not if on the airlines!

Cool stuff!

Back