Moonrise over Pitt last night...

Hobobiker

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hobo
Just sharing a cool pic...

Cloudphoto.jpg

I wish I had been up there last night. I was sitting at a light in Greensburg and watched a friend in his Cessna 140 go by. It would've been a great pic against the late sunset, but I couldn't get the camera out fast enough.

Did you guys go through Bravo or stay underneath?

I can't take credit for this flight Scott - It was my CFI sending me a pic as a tease. I would guess they stayed below, but I'll ask him. I'll take left seat tonight and we have a tower tour of Johnstown scheduled. Guess I get to talk to ATC for the first time...

Nice.

One of these years I'm going to try to be flying on a full moon and try to see the sun set and the moon rise at the same time.

We went for a walk last night, about 930, it was a really clear night and the moon looked great. So I saluted Neil Armstrong.

I can't take credit for this flight Scott - It was my CFI sending me a pic as a tease. I would guess they stayed below, but I'll ask him. I'll take left seat tonight and we have a tower tour of Johnstown scheduled. Guess I get to talk to ATC for the first time...

I've been meaning to take a tower tour at LBE, but just haven't got it scheduled. From what I hear, they are very accommodating and happy to answer questions.

It's a good thing you're getting in the air tonight. From Sunday on, it doesn't look all that great as Isaac gets through the area. I'm hoping to fly tomorrow, but haven't locked down the schedule yet.

Have fun.

Oo that reminds me. I need to take the KABE tower tour. Called them up, they are ok with any day as long as it's not a weekend. And it's a Class C airspace. Should be fun.

Back