Moonlite BBQ Pirep?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Anyone been to Moonlight BBQ near KOWB? Looks like potential for a decent fly-in location. What’s the food and restaurant like? Worth the trip?

Anyone been to Moonlight BBQ near KOWB? Looks like potential for a decent fly-in location. What’s the food and restaurant like? Worth the trip?
I've never been, but a few club members have said it's worth a trip. I'm in!

is that the place @Bill recommended/suggested the 1st year at kentucky dam?

Yes, that’s the place! Good food, but the restaurant is not on field, will need a crew car.

Looks like a great place to try. Just about an hour for me. I’m always looking for great BBQ to try, especially close to the airport.

Do you happen to have a big van? :idea:

Quite the opposite.
However, according to Moonlight, they do.
I just meant any of you that are flying in one or two at a time. Willing to help out/hang out.
It's also just a few minutes ride and an easy drive between the airport and Moonlight, so more than one trip isn't a thing.
The airport crew car isn't usually available... but can be at times.

Quite the opposite.
However, according to Moonlight, they do.
I just meant any of you that are flying in one or two at a time. Willing to help out/hang out.
It's also just a few minutes ride and an easy drive between the airport and Moonlight, so more than one trip isn't a thing.
The airport crew car isn't usually available... but can be at times.
I’m thinking a trip is on the radar here soon. Will keep you posted!

Depends on the current restrictions in place.
From the facebook page:

Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn

Dine-in re-opening Monday Dec 14th. The Buffet will be available.

Edit: just as a side note, this town is running pretty strong on positive cases right now though.
(I am thinking a van down by the river might be a good thing)

Last edited:
The cool thing about Moonlight is in addition to the traditional smoked meats, they also have lamb and mutton.

Back