Mooney Type S delivered

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
KERRVILLE — Mooney Airplane Co. delivered the first of its newest, fastest airplanes, handing the keys to an Acclaim Type S to an Illinois dentist.

Dr. David Craddock took possession of his third Mooney aircraft at a surprise ceremony Thursday — nearly all of the company's 400 employees were part of the presentation — at the Mooney factory here. When the hangar doors opened, Craddock first saw the employees, who parted to give him his first look at his new plane.

Who needs a turbine, this baby will do 242 Kts.

Dave (DDS) is an airman of mine, whom we fought for and obtained his SI. He knows life is short.

Dave (DDS) is an airman of mine, whom we fought for and obtained his SI. He knows life is short.
I had looked him up from the name in the article. He's done well and made some great accomplishments in his time.

He's also acquired a staff such that, shall we say... are easy on the eyes during dental visits. :yes:

This is the only piston powered single I know of that I'd consider trading my Bonanza in on. I really like this Mooney.

I think this is a great ride too, and I'll work every angle I can to get to fly one. However at $600K one can buy a (used) twin engine jet in halfway decent shape. You have to REALLY want a new airplane.

Sweet ride. After riding with Brent and Bill this past summer I'm confident I will own a Mooney before I become fertilizer.

I think this is a great ride too, and I'll work every angle I can to get to fly one. However at $600K one can buy a (used) twin engine jet in halfway decent shape. You have to REALLY want a new airplane.

Lance, you and I will have to sit this one out a decade or so until the prices come down from the stratosphere. And they will--just look at what you can get a Bravo for these days. Until then, one can't beat a 201 on the east coast or a 252 in the mountains, so you and I are okay.

And who could possibly think of a twin as a bargain? I cry at the thought of buying fuel for my one relatively efficient engine.

Jon

Back