Mooney lays off 20% of their staff...

I wonder if they need some folks to babysit some of the airplanes now... I could be a foster home.

You insensitive clod!

As Vice President Cheney recently told workers at a Wal-Mart distribution center near the company’s Bentonville, Arkansas headquarters, “This is one of our nation's great companies, and one of the most familiar names in all of America. The story of Wal-Mart exemplifies some of the very best qualities in our country -- hard work, the spirit of enterprise, fair dealing, and integrity.”
http://hnn.us/articles/5959.html

We don't need airplanes, we need cheap Chinese goods. Where is your American spirit?

The people who can afford to buy new Mooneys are being targeted for income tax hikes. Way to go, Democrats.

Folks, let's lay off the personal comments and baiting that's worthy of Spin Zone. This was an aviation post... it was not intended to generate political commentary. Either we can clean up this thread, or I'll move it to spin-zone without hesitation (which would be a shame as it IS aviation newsworthy).

Just a sign of the times. The bottom is being taken out of GA, and those least able to afford a new Mooney are now out of the game, or at least not buying a new aircraft. No surprise, really.

No question GA is soft....

Link to full article

I'm sure the market is soft, but over the years, Mooney has been bought, sold, closed down and written off for dead a bunch of times, and fortunately, they always seem to bounce back. I hope this is just another bump in the road for them.

But if I were in the aircraft manufacturing trade, I think I'd head to Wichita and build bizjets...

Trapper John

Back