mooneyambassadors

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mooneyambassadors
Email: mooneyambassadors@charter.net

The Mooney Ambassador idea is the brain-child of Mooney owner Jolie
Lucas. After attending Air Venture at Oshkosh 2009, the idea came to
her that those flying Mooneys could be Ambassadors for the brand.
While sitting at the MAPA booth, she saw owners and Mooney lovers
who wanted to share their passion for all things Mooney.

The word Ambassador comes from old High German. It means an official
envoy; especially a diplomatic agent of the highest rank accredited
to a government or sovereign, appointed for a special assignment, or
to be an ambassador of goodwill.

Think about it. Can any other company have a 40-50 year old airplane
right next to the world's fastest single-engine production piston?
There is a sixty-five year legacy in Mooney. Safety. Speed. Quality.

Mooneys are handmade in the USA!

Ambasadors can check out your local aviation events, and go and
display. Talk to the public, support our company and support general
aviation.

What a perfect day. Fly somewhere beautiful, display your Mooney, and
talk with the flying and non-flying public all day about your
airplane. A match made in Heaven!

Upcoming Events

Sun ’n Fun Fly–In April 13-18th
Mooney Airplane Company will have a full complement of our sales team
along with 2 Acclaims and an Ovation 3
Event location: Lakeland Linder Regional Airport April 13, 2010
Start your aviation year at Sun 'n Fun, one of the world's premier
events for recreational aviation enthusiasts. Mooney Aircraft Company
will be on display. Please stop by the Mooney Display to say hello!
http://www.mooney.com

Eagle Mountain Airshow - Porterville, CA June 12th 2010
We will be doing our Mooney Ambassador display to the public. Airshow
acrobatics, fly-bys, static displays, etc.

Columbia, CA Father's Day Fly- In June 19 - 20, 2010.
Mooney Ambassadors will display. This a such a fun event for aviation. Camping at the "airplanes only" campground. Walk into the historic town of Columbia.
Well attended by the public. A wonderful opportunity to talk up
Mooney and General Aviation. We will have two airplanes in the
display area.

Lake in the Sky, South Lake Tahoe
, August 27th and 28th 2010
We will be airshow participants this year
Complimentary evening meal on Friday August 27th, breakfast and lunch
on the 28th. Free admission to all Mooneys who fly in. The kid's
activity was mentioned by the airshow committee as being so positive.
I will make sure that all items are available again this year. We
will cap at 12 Mooneys on display. All Mooneys are welcome, and we
will have space on the ramp, probably near Mountain West for any
Mooneys who sign up beyond the display cap. Sign ups are first come
first served for the 12 display slots. If you would like to be
considered for the airshow demonstration, you will need to attend
mandatory pilot briefings.

Join MAPA at Colorado Springs for their annual convention. October
7-10th 2010
Who can beat the top-notch presentations, socialization, opportunity
to fly and stay someplace wonderful? Mooney Airplane Company will
also be in attendance. Look for registration information soon at: http://www.mooneypilots.com/
Or contact Lela Hughes at MAPA headquarters for more information:
lela.hughes@sbcglobal.net or telephone 210-525-8008

Past Events:
Wings over Camarillo California August 2009
Lake in the Sky Airshow, South Lake Tahoe CA 2009
Texas Aviation Expo
Arizona Aviation Expo
Livermore, CA Airport Day
Jackson/Westover, CA Wings and Wheels
Mooniacs Fly-In, Guernesey, France
Parade of Planes, at Hayward California October 15th-17th.
The American Legends, Van Nuys, Calfornia November 14, 2009
Santa Paula Open House, Santa Paula California, December 6, 2009.

Mooney Ambassadors on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132057967005

Mooney Ambassadors Google Maps Events for 2010
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?
hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&view=map&msa=0&msid=107379850273129317672.00047e783c
1d71eabbce7&ll=37.649034,-90.175781&spn=33.118079,82.441406&t=h&z=4

Our "How To" Video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kidONaS207o

Yeah, that would have been great if Mooney would have represented itself with more than a corner 12' x 12' tent with hats and t-shirts at Oshkosh. How disappointing.

In their defense, they've been struggling. It can be difficult to spend a ton of money on Osh when the basic product is struggling.

Unfortunately, they're trying to sell a plane that is outperformed in all respects by a Lancair IV-P, plus the Lancair has pressurization and can be completed for about $100k less (depending on specifics). That's a hard sell these days, especially when the same money will buy you so many other planes that outperform Mooney's current offerings in one way or another.

Mooney is a great plane, but it's not much of a wonder why they're having issues (so is everyone else).

In their defense, they've been struggling. It can be difficult to spend a ton of money on Osh when the basic product is struggling.

Unfortunately, they're trying to sell a plane that is outperformed in all respects by a Lancair IV-P, plus the Lancair has pressurization and can be completed for about $100k less (depending on specifics). That's a hard sell these days, especially when the same money will buy you so many other planes that outperform Mooney's current offerings in one way or another.

Mooney is a great plane, but it's not much of a wonder why they're having issues (so is everyone else).

i bet they lose more sales to SR-22's than to Lancair. Not everyone who wants to buy a plane is interested in building a plane. In fact, very few people have the interest, patience, and know how to build a plane.

i bet they lose more sales to SR-22's than to Lancair. Not everyone who wants to buy a plane is interested in building a plane. In fact, very few people have the interest, patience, and know how to build a plane.

And most are somewhat attached to their life :D

You don't need to build a Lancair to buy one. Plenty of people will build them for you, and you can buy plenty with very low hours on them. When I was looking at getting a Lancair, I was planning on buying one that someone else had built.

SR22 and Columbia/Corvallis 400 are probably also two other options. But if I were looking at the class of plane that a new Mooney Acclaim is, the Lancair IV-P would be the most attractive alternative.

You don't need to build a Lancair to buy one. Plenty of people will build them for you, and you can buy plenty with very low hours on them. When I was looking at getting a Lancair, I was planning on buying one that someone else had built.

Ever wondered why they don't seem to fly a lot ?

Ever wondered why they don't seem to fly a lot ?

They don't fly any more or less than most other airplanes. I know several people who fly them almost as much as I fly my Aztec.

They don't fly any more or less than most other airplanes. I know several people who fly them almost as much as I fly my Aztec.

So, does that mean that they are changing them like underwear if there 'are plenty with very low hours on them' in the market ?

While I lived on L22 I watched a guy build a Lancair from the start, talked to him every morning when I walked by. It was real nice and the workmanship was exellent. He sold it right after taxi testing it. I still wonder what caused him to sell it after investing five years of his life. Last time I saw him he had bought an Arrow and was flying it almost every day.

So, does that mean that they are changing them like underwear if there 'are plenty with very low hours on them' in the market ?

You buy a 50 year old plane with 5000 hours on it, it gets 100 hours/year of use on average.

You buy a 3 year old plane with 300 hours on it, it gets 100 hours/year of use on average. It still has low hours.

Do the math.

The people who build the things and then fly the **** out of them I doubt are as prone to sell them in short order.

While I lived on L22 I watched a guy build a Lancair from the start, talked to him every morning when I walked by. It was real nice and the workmanship was exellent. He sold it right after taxi testing it.

That is unusual. More commonly they get sold after the first flight without the hired test pilot.

Back