Mooney 133RJ

165kts on 10gph of fuel.
That's wishful thinking, but I had been wondering what was going on with this Mooney search. It had become strangely quiet. Brent and Bill I hope this is the one.

The one we are looking at now (bird #4 in the search), the owner files 155kts, and looking at flightaware, he seems to get that speed consistantly.

The bird has a half time engine on a top notch Mena Engines firewall forward, and looks good. Has Gami's and JPI engine instrument with fuel flow, so it looks like LOP may be possible.

Joey Cole at Cole avaition likes the bird, we need to have him finish the annual, and then talk turkey with the owner on price. I don't want to say any more, as I don't want to jinx us again...:(

Good luck you guys. I have to ask though, why a Mooney?

I think the J model Mooney is one of the best planes for the buck. Many J models get 155kts out of a 4 cyl IO-360 burning around 10gph. Soooo.... I go fast on minimal fuel with a less expensive engine to maintain (comparing to aircraft with like cruising speed). The only downside for some is a tighter cabin and its not a flying SUV. The payload is good for my missions but may not be for others.

Back