Montreal

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
So, for those who have ventured to our northerly neighbors by aircraft, how much grief and expense is involved in crossing the border and returning? I have done some investigation, but haven't gotten to do the trip yet. My daughter wants to meet in Montreal in August this year, and the cost of airfare is definitely way more than "Twinkie Air."

Any suggestions on where to stay in Montreal? Which airport and FBO is the better?

Need to get my passport renewed again, I guess.

There's stuff up here about that. Me, I'd drive to Plattsburg and rent a car. Way, way less hassle.

Flying into Montreal is easy. It's probably cheaper to fly to Plattsburgh, but Montreal is easy. File IFR, file eAPIS, call CanPass. If you fly into CYUL, go to Shell Aerocentre.

Flying into Montreal is easy. It's probably cheaper to fly to Plattsburgh, but Montreal is easy. File IFR, file eAPIS, call CanPass. If you fly into CYUL, go to Shell Aerocentre.

What kinds of prices for parking overnight do they have?

Looks like I can get subway from the airport and get everywhere I need to go. Just have to compare costs associated with renting a car and parking, etc.

What kinds of prices for parking overnight do they have?

Looks like I can get subway from the airport and get everywhere I need to go. Just have to compare costs associated with renting a car and parking, etc.

I forget what their overnight fees are, but they speak good English there so if you call they'll be glad to tell you. Fuel prices have been hovering around $10/gallon when you work out the conversion, so you want to avoid buying any if you can. Should be easy enough given the capacity of the Twinkie and the distances. I didn't recall their overnight costs being outrageous when compared to PHL or similarly sized airports. You want to go to Shell Aerocentre, though. It's the only one with 100LL and also the only one that caters to small planes.

Back