Month Long Fire TFR?

Lndwarrior

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
I live in the area of the Santa Rosa fires. I just checked the three TFR's in the Sonoma/Napa area and they are all listed to last for another "month".

Is this just an open-ended date because they don't know how long fire operations will last? And then they will revise to a shorter date when they have more accurate info?

I sure hope so...
Gary

They might revise them as they make containment progress. We had fires around here about a year ago and they had TFRs up for several weeks. Certainly not abnormal, just have to work around them.

I live in the area of the Santa Rosa fires. I just checked the three TFR's in the Sonoma/Napa area and they are all listed to last for another "month".

Is this just an open-ended date because they don't know how long fire operations will last? And then they will revise to a shorter date when they have more accurate info?

I sure hope so...
Gary

Yep exactly....at least that has been my experience here during fire season. Check daily. It changes

Is this just an open-ended date because they don't know how long fire operations will last?

Yeah...that. I fly around a lot of fire TFR's and they are usually pretty open ended or extensive on the posted dates but are lifted pretty quick in reality once the operations are done and they are mopped up.

X3 what they said. They'll pull them when they are done

Flying into smoke is no fun. its the fires that should annoy you, not the tfr

Flying into smoke is no fun. its the fires that should annoy you, not the tfr

I have been in smoke, it is relentless, much more so than fog. Not to mention what it can make your eyes involuntarily close.

I have been in smoke, it is relentless, much more so than fog. Not to mention what it can make your eyes involuntarily close.

I fly with my eyes closed all the time. Doesn't everybody?? :confused:o_O

Back