Monmouth, NJ (BLM)

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
Anyone familiar with this airport? A pilot friend was telling me that the last time he was there (15 years ago or so) there was a good resterant, and a mini-amusement park just off the field. Are those still there?

I'm familiar with the landing fees, $11. Not a heartbreaker for me, FBOs need to make money, or they will close. Though that is about as much as I'd care to pay to park my plane for a day.

If those goodies are still there, I may consider flying up there this weekend to scout out whether or not it would be a fun place to go with the family.

Joe Williams said:
Anyone familiar with this airport? A pilot friend was telling me that the last time he was there (15 years ago or so) there was a good resterant, and a mini-amusement park just off the field. Are those still there?
I dunno about the amusement park, Joe, but I flew out there in the Cherokee a couple of months ago with one of my partners. The restaurant is still pretty good.

Be careful if you plan to depart on 32 -- the runway is above the taxiway on both sides, so you can't see if another a/c is waiting to depart on the other side of the runway.

Last time I was there about 1.5 yrs ago there was not much of anything, but I could have been on the wrong side of the field. Joe not far from there is Lakewood Airport I forget the ID but it is a neat little strip and the Lakewood blue claws ( Phillies Farm team) play within walking distance or the FBO can give ya a ride. Call them to check the distance to the stadium. $5.00 parking fee and the Blue Claws are Minor league so the tix are affordable.

Back