Money grubbin ninjas

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
After listening to my son beg me for a couple of years about taking karate lessons, we went with some friends to a Karate America open house. These friends had been participating for years and highly recommended it. Parker had a good time and we signed him up. Holy smokes!!! The hard-sell floodgates opened. Every time I take him in for a class, I get dragged into the small room and pressured to buy more stuff, sign him up for THIS rather than THAT. Today one of the guys pursued me into the parking lot trying to sell me stuff.

Anybody else had this problem with Karate America? Are other places as bad? I'm REALLY ****ed off at those friends for not warning me about this.

yeah, a lot of the mega-commercial karate schools (the franchise schools) can be as bad as an Arthur Murray Dance Studio for giving ya the hard sell. Try and stay firm. And I'd be irked at my friends, too. :yes:

I think it's time to look for a new school. Do they guarantee a black belt after X number of years? If so, definitely look for a new school.

You want to get them to back off? If it's like a gym, just give in and sign up. Then you can see how awful the service can be.

Back