Monday only - worth it?

KaiGywer

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KaiGywer
I am thinking of heading to Oshkosh this year, but would need to go to work on Tuesday. This means I'd only get to see Monday. I've only been once before and we did Thursday-Sunday. Would it be worth it to see Monday only? Is the show on fully by then and vendors set up etc?

Of course, if my company has a booth there I will do my damndest to get to work it :p

Yes, everything is up & running Monday morning. It all gets set up over the weekend (and preceding week & month). Monday is also nice because no one is tired & cranky yet, and everything is in stock.

Sunday is also a good day to wander around and look at airplanes, before everyone is there.

Sunday is also a good day to wander around and look at airplanes, before everyone is there.
Last year I couldn't believe how busy it was on Sunday preshow. I almost felt bad for all the vendors trying to drive all the stock and displays in.

I am thinking of heading to Oshkosh this year, but would need to go to work on Tuesday. This means I'd only get to see Monday. I've only been once before and we did Thursday-Sunday. Would it be worth it to see Monday only? Is the show on fully by then and vendors set up etc?

Of course, if my company has a booth there I will do my damndest to get to work it :p
Vendors are absolutely setup and ready to go on Monday. They are also not worn out by the show yet and are generally in a better mood than toward the end of the week.

Sat/Sun before the show and Mon/Tue are my favorite days for sure.

I don't much like thu-sun because the place is already starting to clear out with lots of pilots heading home to be sure to be able to do weekend chores and be back at work the following Monday. The vibe changes especially on Sat/Sun with lots more non-pilots coming. Nothing against them, particularly the locals that let us take over their town every summer, and anyone who is a friend of aviation is a friend of mine, but the vibe is definitely different.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will definitely plan on going then, and just have my job fly me out of ATW or GRB instead of my normal home base.

Do they sell tickets for Sunday, or is that a free for all to wander?

Back