Moller's scaled down SkyCar

"Skeptics have voiced concern that even at $90,000, the M200G is just too expensive for the market. They've also raised questions about fuel efficiency, noise pollution — and where they will put their groceries."

Didn't they say that about Harley Davidsons, too?

Ken, how much do you think he paid for this "ad"?

"Skeptics have voiced concern that even at $90,000, the M200G is just too expensive for the market. They've also raised questions about fuel efficiency, noise pollution — and where they will put their groceries."

Didn't they say that about Harley Davidsons, too?

Ken, how much do you think he paid for this "ad"?

I'm voicing concern that a ten foot hover makes this a fuel hungry noisy cramped beast of a CAR, not flying machine.

At ten feet how do you propose to travel as the crow flies what with trees being regularly over ten feet in height, as well as buildings, etc.?

What is the clearance on the hovercraft (i.e. what overpasses are you going to have to watch out for)?

What kind of heat/noise is going to be generated under these things?

Only 50mph? HAH.

For 90K you can get yourself some nice training in Robinsons and invest the rest in a share or flight time. You'll come out far ahead than with the crap Moller is pushing.

Article said:
The same charge came from the Securities and Exchange Commission a few years back. The SEC accused the company and Moller of exaggerating the sales projections for the Skycar. He agreed to pay a civil penalty of $50,000 in 2003......Once flying cars hit the market, Moller said he expects the concept to take “10 to 15 years to get big because of penetration rate. Then we’ll sell more than 10 million a year.”

hmmmmmmmm

Are you allowed to say "get big" and "penetration rate" in the same sentence? :redface:

I wonder if it's flown off the tether. I wonder if it is air conditioned, since that bubble canopy just screams 'GREENHOUSE'.

And if it is air conditioned...how much power for thrust are you going to lose when you switch the a/c on? At 10 feet and 50mph, I don't really want any one fan to slow down unplanned.

Moller is 70+ years old. I hope Popular Science and Popular Mechanics has another perennial story they can go to on the cover every 2-3years to replace the SkyCar.

Back