Mogan Freeman got his Pilots License at 65 years old?

When my brother used to work FSS he briefed Morgan back when he was training in a Seneca. Talked about Shawshank for a little bit. Said he was a real nice guy.

Great article, makes me laugh... "We had to circle to land and take out the other plane"

That's awesome! A spare plane would be great!

Be fun to have Mel Mounds work the tower frequency.

He still might have the 414 lying around but his primary mount is the new SJ30. Probably the same aircraft in the article since they were talking slats.

He must have quite a bit of ratings to fly a beast like that!

He still might have the 414 lying around but his primary mount is the new SJ30. Probably the same aircraft in the article since they were talking slats.

I thought they meant flaps. I figured it was a non-pilot writing the article and using the wrong words.

am i the only one hearing him making calls in the pattern in my head?

He must have quite a bit of ratings to fly a beast like that!

He used to own a Citation before he bought the SJ30. Think he's like a spokesman for Syberjet or something. Although it's certified single pilot, not sure if he flys it alone.

Glad it was a minor problem,good planning to have a spare aircraft available.

Mr. Freeman flies a SJ30. One of the early VLJ's. Terrific and beautiful performer, but the company has had some owner problems. Hasn't deterred Mr. Freeman though, as he's got one of the first updated SJ30-2 on order.

Pic below is Mr. Freeman's plane.

5762108155_37f9a63270_z.jpg

SJ30 = Sexy looking biz jet.

LOL "Ground zero blues club"

I'll bet that's one of the few blues clubs to own a private jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea he said on Leno that holding altitude is the hardest thing a pilot has to do

Mr. Freeman flies a SJ30. One of the early VLJ's. Terrific and beautiful performer, but the company has had some owner problems. Hasn't deterred Mr. Freeman though, as he's got one of the first updated SJ30-2 on order.

Pic below is Mr. Freeman's plane.

5762108155_37f9a63270_z.jpg

GEAR UP, Mr. Freeman! :goofy:

Freeman has
Fibromyalgia

Apparently that is not on the FAA restricted medical problems list. But it's a drag nonetheless.

Symptoms: long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, and anxiety.

"....10 miles out landing with information Whiskey... My, my, my...."

I bet his radio calls are soothing

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read the thread title!

He said his slats wouldn't retract? Is he flying a Helio?

Last edited:
What? No flying miss daisy references?

I am disappoint.

Can someone do a FAA airman search and come up with his ratings?

Medical Class: Third, Medical Date: 9/2006

Date of Issue: 3/20/2006
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT Print
Ratings:
PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Type Ratings:
P/CE-500

Looks like this is the one. There's another one but it's from 1954 with no medical.

Back