Moderator(s) wanted

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
The Management Council is interested in reviewing potential candidates to moderate the forum "The Book Club" (hereafter referred to as TBC).

The selected moderator or moderators will be expected to uphold the Rules of Conduct within TBC, and will report to the MC any potential ROC violations for review and possible disciplinary action. Moderators will be expected to put their duties as Moderator above their personal interests as posters, becoming servants of the community. (IE: no personal bias, no playing favorites, etc.)

Moderator(s) designated will also be given the responsibility of maintaining and managing TBC in an orderly fashion, with regard to sticky threads, organizational threads, and the like.

Potential candidates will be/have:
- Seasoned members of PoA (6 months minimum)
- Active participants of the forums (250 posts minimum in Aviation categories)
- Demonstrated a calm, cool, rational demeanor
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have a sense of humor
- Be able to put up with the M.C.

If you wish to submit your name for consideration, please PM me and present an argument for why you should be selected.

Thank you,

Chuck

I was sooooo close on the requirements, too. :D

I'd probably get in trouble as soon as I post a referred book by Newt Gingrich.... under Scott's name. :D

Moderating is a thankless job, done best by those who like it least.

My intention wasn't to make it sound attractive. My hope is that we have some good fits who will volunteer to do the job, knowing that they'll have days they just wanna kill someone, but can't say anything about it publicly.

Did I mention an ability to read and follow directions? ;)

I would like to moderate the private management council forum.

Last edited:
BTW.. I officially suck at the book club. Tristan found a book someone sent me like last November. It was Spike's. I made it her responsibility..and she's supposed to read it and send it on..Since she's..a bit more responsible with that sort of thing :)

Ive already broken too many rules for them to consider me.

Hey, I hafta ask...do you start mods in a relatively benign forum like TBC, then gradually step them up into the majors, like...TSZ?!

Please post bennies, and the pay scale. :D

Do tell, do tell, am I qualified :dunno:

Simple enough. I change the post count settings to only count for aviation forums, recalculate post counts, check, then set them back and recalculate again.

Everyone who has PM'd me so far has been added to the list of applicants.

We will be watching to see how this forum progresses, and including that in our evaluations. :)

Do posts here count as "aviation posts" since it's in a thread about being a moderator for aviation books? :)

This is sort of like the requirement to be prez. Anyone actually qualified, wouldn't do it for a million bucks. Anyone who wants the job - should be viewed with a critical eye.

Doing some moderating on other boards gives me the perspective to say it's a thankless, heartless, nerve straining job. My hat is doffed to the, er, 'winner'.

Simple enough. I change the post count settings to only count for aviation forums, recalculate post counts, check, then set them back and recalculate again.

I thought you were a SQL BadAss...I would think there would be an easier way.

I am a SQL Badass. I'm also lazy. Why write a complex query when I can click a few times?

Back