Model Mooneys

Capt.Crash'n'Burn

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Capt.Crash'n'Burn
I've been looking for hours on the internet to find someone who sells some king of scale model of Mooneys, but all that I've found is hand carved mahogany desk models that sell for $100 or more.

I'd be happy with a little die-cast, like the ones that Postage Stamp Planes makes, or a plastic model, like one from Revell or Airfix.

Is the market just too small for such a bird?

Oh, it would also be cool if I could get a small, electric RC Mooney. Is that asking too much?

Look here:

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/misc1.html

In that list, about 1/3 of the way down, is a Bandai 1/48 plastic kit of a Super 21. I built one of those kits in the mid '70s -- pretty good accuracy; I wouldn't mind trying it again.

The instructions described building it with gear down. I wanted to display it gear-up, but the gear doors wouldn't fit properly in the openings. So I built it with the gear "in transit". :wink2:

Last edited:
Look here:

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/misc1.html

In that list, about 1/3 of the way down, is a Bandai 1/48 plastic kit of a Super 21. I built one of those kits in the mid '70s -- pretty good accuracy; I wouldn't mind trying it again.

The instructions described building it with gear down. I wanted to display it gear-up, but the gear doors wouldn't fit properly in the openings. So I built it with the gear "in transit". :wink2:

Unfurtunately, that list was last updated on 5/8/06. :(

The only thing that comes up in their search function looks like a Mooney Mite.

What's the deal -- all those models have the tails on backwards??!!
:ihih::ihih:

Unfurtunately, that list was last updated on 5/8/06. :(

The only thing that comes up in their search function looks like a Mooney Mite.
Rats. :sad: It's a shame that G.A. is so badly represented among model airplanes.

(I built that Mite model a long, long time ago, too! It was in a series under the "Lindbergh" name with a Navion, a straight-35 Bonanza, a Stinson 108-3 and a Seabee, of all things.)

Back