MOA accidents?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I am looking for accidents in MOAs to discuss with a new pilot friend, involving military vs civilian planes.... couldn't wake up the ntsb site tonight for some reason, anyone have any leads?

Try www.edwards.af.mil/psafety. Click "Flight Safety". This is from my notes of a av seminar in May 2000 with Maj. Bill Koukourikos, Edwards AFB Flight Safety Officer as speaker. I still refer to notes on what he had to say about civ/mil cooperation in SUA and MTRs.

Also try, (661) 277-3510 Edwards PR Office or (661) 258-3446 for NASA Ops at Edwards.

Joshua Control (Hi Desert TRACON) handles traffic in the area (high density SUA with VFR corridors and V airways) so it may be worth it for you to call them to generate some leads through them. If you call on a quiet late night they may even tell you some of their stories. I don't have my AF/D to give you Joshua's phone number.

I read an article years back (probably in Soaring magazine) about a Schweitzer glider that had a midair with something like an A-6. Glider lost part of its wingtip, but I think he landed safely. Military guy didn't even notice, landed with part of a glider wingtip stuck in his leading edge.

Fly safe!

David

Back