Mixing it up with round engines

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Got out and poked around in the haze at BJC this morning ... kind of odd to have such restricted VIS here ... I'll bet it was down to 10 to 12 miles! :eek:

Coming back into the pattern at BJC with a bunch of airshow arrivals, all making all kinds of cool round engine noises, converting fuel to beautiful music, some trailing smoke, all asking for low passes for their first approach ... T-6, TBM Avenger, F-4 Wildcat ... tower was not impressed with "Dakota would like a low pass with the other guys" :lol:

I was tempted to ask tower to ask the Avenger if he could increase speed on approach but then tower would have realized that he forgot us (I was #2 behind the TBM) on downwind ... ended up with about a 5 mile final...

"TBM, you have a Dakota closing rapidly on your tail ... can you pick it up a little?" :)

Ah, not so much ... I did get admonished to "hustle up" on the runway looking for taxiway Bravo ... they have all the "normal and usual" taxiways closed as they marshalled the performers over to the ramp area ...

Back