Mixed emotions

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
Today was one of those happy and sad days rolled into one. A little over a year ago I purchased N11152, my first airplane. I was so proud of her and couldn't wait to get her home and baby her. I spent hours just tinkering on things, waxing her and spending every spare minute I had with her. My wife called her the other woman and said she wished she got as much attention as she did. Well, today she sold, I felt like I was sell off my first born. But I did have joy in my heart when I handed the keys over to her new owner, a bright smiling, red headed 16 year old boy. He is a local young man that has a good head on his shoulders and wants to be a military pilot. He has about 16 hrs and soloed this last fall and we all know he will make his dream come true.
So now comes the hard part, finding a good replacement, hopefully I will have something found before Gaston's.

Yabut, ya gotta feel good for helping out the young lad. When I was that age I was on my third boat. What type you thinking of getting?

Richard said:
What type you thinking of getting?

I have been shopping around and have looked at several. I looked at a 1947 Stinson 108, but we couldn't get together on the price. I've looked at 2 Cherokee 140s, and I am going to look at at Beechcraft 23A this weekend. I am also thinking about a 172, but most of them I feel are over priced.

Back