Misused American Slang = Awkward at the office

Different. Female actually. She sits about 10 feet from me. I wrote a program that will allows me to find all references to tables, columns, etc in a database since nobody documents anymore. I showed it to her and she wanted to see the code but I was running late yesterday.

She sent that and it was everything I could do not to LOL
I would have LOLed anyway.

--

Funniest moment with a slipped word I can remember was when I went to UHaul after putting a trailer hitch on my car.

I needed to get a drawbar and ball to pull one of their small trailers, but I didn't know what kind of rise or drop I needed. I was pretty sure I needed a 2" ball, but wanted to verify. So I went to the counter, and the young lady offered to help by taking me out to one of their trailers so I could use a tape measure to get a reading of the hitch height I'd need. Then I asked about the ball size, just to verify. She said, "You'll have to ask Dave about that, I suck at balls."

I tried really, really, really, hard to be as gentlemanly as I could, so I turned around and pretended to be messing with the trailer. That gave her the opportunity to moonwalk out of there.

My wife is asian and not from America. Sometimes she cracks me up.

We went to an asian restaurant in Albuquerque. She was really excited because we do not have any decent asian restaurants in our small home town. As we walked in, she ran up to the host and asked, "Do you have crabs?" I was thinking to myself, well, that is a little personal, but I could not hold it when the host replied, "Only on weekends"....

My wife is asian and not from America. Sometimes she cracks me up.

We went to an asian restaurant in Albuquerque. She was really excited because we do not have any decent asian restaurants in our small home town. As we walked in, she ran up to the host and asked, "Do you have crabs?" I was thinking to myself, well, that is a little personal, but I could not hold it when the host replied, "Only on weekends"....
:rofl::rofl:

Between "show me your tool" and "I suck at balls" I actually laughed out loud at work...
I had to fess up that I was not working and let everyone read it!
The good news is that I just came in from outside and am cooling down in front of a fan, so it is pretty much break time right now.

Jim

It's extra funny considering nothing on his desk or near his PC is wooden. Maybe he was talking about your cat? The one you named Woody?

Back