Missouri Gas Prices!

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
I didn't think I would see it again, but gas dropped to below $3.00 a gallon today in St.Louis!

Yep, I filled up at lunch at $2.96.

We're getting close in Texas. I'm seeing $3.04 today as the low, $3.06 common. Fueled up for $3.07/g earlier this week.

I maybe fill up a tank of gas once a month with a 15 gallon tank. I fill up almost weekly in my plane with a 50 gallon tank. I couldn't tell you within $2.00 what the price of MoGas is. 100LL sorta takes the sting out of filling up my 4cyl Toyota.

Gas Station by were I am in(Pevely) MO was at $2.89 all week now it is up to $3.19:mad:

$3.26 in the far DC suburbs (near where I keep the plane, sigh)

We save our $.10 discount-per-gallon per-$100-spent-on-groceries discount at Kroger for fueling up my truck. Can get up to $1.00 off ($1000 spent) per gallon with the program. We don't do all of our shopping there, but do enough on specific items to get 30-40 cents off at a time. Their store-based fuel prices tend to be among the lowest in the area, even pre-discount.

http://www.kroger.com/in_store/fuel/Pages/fuel_rewards.aspx

This properly administrated Democratic state has gas at 3.89.9. It's Queen Christeen must have the state sales taxes.

3.69 out here, Chevron has been offering .10/gal discount on their card, plus the local franchise has been matching it, so I have been paying 3.49/gal. The Chevron discount ends on Friday, but I expect the franchise discount to continue.

100LL has been 5.65/gal. Local FBO has been offering .50/gal discount at the self serve pumps, 5.20/gal last Sat, that ends soon too. My 100LL bill this month was $1300 for the tow plane, only operating on weekends.

This properly administrated Democratic state has gas at 3.89.9. It's Queen Christeen must have the state sales taxes.

I used to visit WA State.... Last time I estimate I dropped off about 200 bucks more than I would in taxes had I stayed in my home state of MT, I'll need a real compelling reason to come back, vacationing won't be one of them. I always considered WA the reasonable alternative to the Peoples Republic of Oregon... No so much anymore.

I didn't think I would see it again, but gas dropped to below $3.00 a gallon today in St.Louis!

Yup - $2.99 in Greenville SC on Monday. That is about 30 cents per gallon less than where I live in NC - with the difference being due to taxes.

Compare that with the prices on the sign in the attached image (taken in Goleta, CA a couple of weeks ago). This station caught my attention because they had the highest prices in town at $4.29 for regular. Then for no apparent reason they added 20 cents to the prices across the board! At the time you could buy regular for $3.89 at several stations a couple of miles away. What baffles me is that they still have some customers! Are people really that oblivious to the price? Apparently some are! (the station isn't busy, but there is always someone buying gas there).

As for me, I use Gasbuddy (on my droid) to find the best price in the area (wherever I happen to be): www.gasbuddy.com

Dave

Attachments

• CA Gas Prices.jpg
    CA Gas Prices.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Me too, Troy. Saw 3.04 at Racetrack today. At first I thought it was a mirage, then quickly filled the tank in case it was a pricing mistake;)

We're getting close in Texas. I'm seeing $3.04 today as the low, $3.06 common. Fueled up for $3.07/g earlier this week.

Tourist country still 3.89 here. The unpleasant paradoxic is that everything is so spread out here we need to drive the farthest.

But that beats 4.98 seen in Yosemite park last week.

Back