Missouri Fly In

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
If anyone is up for a Missouri Fly In, I will have the fish cookers fired up Sunday March 25th at UUV (Hangar 23). We will start about 1PM and cook as long as need be. If you are planning on coming, please let me know so I can have plenty of fish on hand.

ah shoot Dean, Im going home that weekend.

I'm anti-fish. But given that I grew up in "Misery" near Hillsboro, I'm guessing you're gonna be puttin' out the catfish?

If ya got some steak out there... hmmm... :D

Weather ??? As of right now I will be there. My business schedule looks good.

If you need some more fish let me know I have a little Cat fish left. I love to river fish.

Sounds like a great time.

Jon

I'm anti-fish. But given that I grew up in "Misery" near Hillsboro, I'm guessing you're gonna be puttin' out the catfish?

If ya got some steak out there... hmmm... :D

The plan is to do Catfish and some Spoonbill, for the none fish eaters we will have some deer backstrap, and if I can find some, "Turkey Fries", but these city folks don't know what I'm talking about.:dunno: I may have to make a trip to north MO to find some.

:eek:
The plan is to do Catfish and some Spoonbill, for the none fish eaters we will have some deer backstrap, and if I can find some, "Turkey Fries", but these city folks don't know what I'm talking about.:dunno: I may have to make a trip to north MO to find some.
Are those anything like "Rocky Mountain Oysters"?

Man, this sounds fun (except for the Turkey balls). I wish I could go. Take pictures!

Depending on weather, you can count me in Dean.

Mark B

Hmm...sounds interesting, I should have the latest iteration of my SI medical back by then. If our baby arrives before then I might not be able to make it. We'll see.

How congested does it get with the jumpers in the area?

Hmm...sounds interesting, I should have the latest iteration of my SI medical back by then. If our baby arrives before then I might not be able to make it. We'll see.

How congested does it get with the jumpers in the area?

The drop zone is no issue as long as you listen to the CTAF. The will let you know where they are about every 5-10 minutes. Then they will let you know when the jumpers are out.
You will enjoy watching them and the pilot is a real gem.

But Dean, even with the menu I have one question for you...

Do you pronounce it Missoura?

For those of you coming in for the fish fry, my hangar is in the middle row opposite side from the runway. The two big hanagrs are empty, so you can park infront of them if need be.

Weather for Sunday looks good, highs in the 70's with a small chance of rain in the evening.:goofy:

I'm planning on being there. Looks like I've got a shot to break through that front between here and there tomorrow, so save me some spoonbill.

Sounds good, weather here is looking great, only a small chance of some storms Sunday evening or night. I'll be there around 10AM to get things started. Have a good flight and I'll see you when you get here.

Darn.. I've got my hands on the RV this week, but we've gotta go to my nephew's birthday party tomorrow or I would definitely buzz down there! :(

Have fun and take pics!

Darn.. I've got my hands on the RV this week, but we've gotta go to my nephew's birthday party tomorrow or I would definitely buzz down there! :(

Have fun and take pics!
Bring him along and will turn it into a birthday party:goofy:

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Terrible day that was. A gall that works for us was here sunday to ride her horse that we keep for her. She could not find it,80acre rough hilly pasture, looked for an hour. When we found the mare she was in the bottom of the creek and had her leg stuck in a root and had fallen and drown. Terrible, Teribble!! Of course we were all upset and I had to stay and get the horse out of the creek and buried. Bad day! I had full intensions to get to your fly in but just could not help it.
Let me know when you will do it again and I will try.

Jon

Sorry to here the bad news. We will be having a monthly feed at the hangar, so I will post the date of the next one. If you get down this way, stop in. I have pixs, but not the time to post them now.

Here are a few pictures of the fly in from last Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    382.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1572.JPG
    100_1572.JPG
    584.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1586.JPG
    100_1586.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1591.JPG
    100_1591.JPG