Missing approach in kln94

fishyfishy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
N52757
Was gonna fly the vor approach into T41. Went to load it up and it wasnt there. Only the gps approach was available. Sent a message to honeywell but havent heard back. Thoughts?

Was gonna fly the vor approach into T41. Went to load it up and it wasnt there. Only the gps approach was available. Sent a message to honeywell but havent heard back. Thoughts?

AFAIK The KLN-94 doesn't have overlays of non-GPS approaches.

I believe that to be correct. Same as the KLN-89.
Non percision GPS approaches only. But I'm sure the VOR is loaded in the system. Fly to VOR, OBS mode, select the radial needed and fly it. Not a legal process, I believe.

Looked up the approach, a VOR-A and it requires either DME or a second VOR for cross bearings to identify the IAF/FAF. I would not expect the antique KLN 89/94 to have the approach in the data base.

It has other vor approaches and i recall the missing approach being there before. Probably a memory issue. Ill post what BK has to say about it.

It's been a few years since I've shot an approach with a KLN, but I'm pretty sure that is not the case. I think that is only the case with the 89.

BK Reply

IAPs - Instrument Approach Procedures
- RNAV (GPS) RWY 30 **CHANGED** download
- VOR-A **CHANGED** download
- NDB RWY 30 **CHANGED** download
When they are shown as **CHANGED**, it means the approach has been changed in some way and the FAA may not have re-flown then yet. They will be excluded until the FAA has test flown them. They are not allowed to include them in the database.
And then, they will be added back, with the displayed disclaimer that they are not legal for "Primary Navigation" as they are not GPS approved. They are in the KLN 94 DB for situational awareness only. They must be flown with the ADF and VHF Nav.

BK Reply

IAPs - Instrument Approach Procedures
- RNAV (GPS) RWY 30 **CHANGED** download
- VOR-A **CHANGED** download
- NDB RWY 30 **CHANGED** download
When they are shown as **CHANGED**, it means the approach has been changed in some way and the FAA may not have re-flown then yet. They will be excluded until the FAA has test flown them. They are not allowed to include them in the database.
And then, they will be added back, with the displayed disclaimer that they are not legal for "Primary Navigation" as they are not GPS approved. They are in the KLN 94 DB for situational awareness only. They must be flown with the ADF and VHF Nav.
After the FAA test flys them, when do they get certified for primary Nav?:confused:

New Instrument Flight Procedures have a publication date assigned during the procedure development or amendment process. This AeroNav Products website may be of help when looking for new/amended (still-to-be published) procedures for an airport. Note the "Procuction Plan" and "Coordination" tabs.

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/procedures/

It's been a few years since I've shot an approach with a KLN, but I'm pretty sure that is not the case. I think that is only the case with the 89.

That could be, the 89b in the club airplane I usually fly was just replaced by a 94. Since we're waiting for gadot@fsdo for IFR approval I haven't used it in anger yet.

Back