Missed it by >< that much.....

My friend that flies for PSA came up through the ranks like most of us getting private instruction before moving on to the airlines. He has been flying with a lot of EMB graduates who constantly miss center line. He said the other day they had a pretty nasty cross wind so when they touched down the upwind tire touched noticeably first (obviously) and his co-pilot said and I quote "you can do that".... We need to stop training robots..

My friend that flies for PSA came up through the ranks like most of us getting private instruction before moving on to the airlines. He has been flying with a lot of EMB graduates who constantly miss center line. He said the other day they had a pretty nasty cross wind so when they touched down the upwind tire touched noticeably first (obviously) and his co-pilot said and I quote "you can do that".... We need to stop training robots..

What’s EMB

Embry Riddle. The riddle is why does anyone hire those graduates?

He has been flying with a lot of EMB graduates who constantly miss center line.

Didnt know there was an embraer university
Reading this in context says, this particular pilot has been flying with a lot of colleagues who have completed their EMB type. ‘Graduated’ as in became typed.

I have never heard of anybody referring to getting a type rating as a graduation.

I have never heard of anybody referring to getting a type rating as a graduation.
I could be incorrect, but that’s my interpretation. Basically saying, ‘one who graduates from training’.

Eh, why not. Schools these days celebrate almost every grade with a graduation ceremony. Might as well keep that momentum going! :dunno:

Eh, why not. Schools these days celebrate almost every grade with a graduation ceremony. Might as well keep that momentum going! :dunno:
I was actually thinking the same exact thing when I posted that.

Well, I have never heard of anybody referring to Embry-Riddle as EMB.

I never heard the term wonky until I first heard the term wonky.

I suppose @Grum.Man is the only one who can solve this dilemma for us.

Was flying with a man in his T-18 about thirty years ago. We were coming in to land, and on final he lined up with the left edge...not the center...of the runway. When he got close to the ground, he slid to the right to land on the center of the pavement.

Asked him about that. Turns out he had cataracts, and lining up with the edge gave him better contrast.....

Ron Wanttaja

That’s a good point that I didn’t think about.
At this point it doesn’t matter. All the regional carriers have attrition rates to high to be able to replace the experienced pilots leaving. In years past new hires were flying with captains that had been around for a while and they mentored the new folks. Often not the case anymore. Precarious times.

Back