Miss 'Man-caused Disaster' leaving DHS!

Do you think that the students or faculty anywhere in the University of California system are would be afraid, very afraid?

California already frowns on free speech, so janet will be right at home.

Be careful the devil you've got, the devil you could get could be twice as insane...

Something is very wrong here. Last I heard the financial straights in California were so very dire that the UC system was turning out lights and shedding faculty. But they have the money to hire a heavy hitter like Napolitano? No matter what you think of her, a former Cabinet Secretary carries some weight.

She'll fit right in within the UC system.

What academic credentials beyond a college degree does she have to run a university system ?

She'll fit right in within the UC system.

What academic credentials beyond a college degree does she have to run a university system ?

She ran a large government bureaucracy, so running an academic bureaucracy does make some sense.

My impression as well when viewing the pictures.

Something is very wrong here. Last I heard the financial straights in California were so very dire that the UC system was turning out lights and shedding faculty. But they have the money to hire a heavy hitter like Napolitano? No matter what you think of her, a former Cabinet Secretary carries some weight.

According to the news break at 11 A.M. she will be paid more than three times her present salary.

Add to that the cost of nude-o-meters, appointed gropers and property thieves and all around imbeciles to "protect and secure," and their costs will go through the roof.

Maybe she and Janet Reno could get together and start a 'Miss Ugly' pageant.

According to the news break at 11 A.M. she will be paid more than three times her present salary.

Add to that the cost of nude-o-meters, appointed gropers and property thieves and all around imbeciles to "protect and secure," and their costs will go through the roof.

Anyone looked to see which CA tech company got rich off of selling those, and has a CEO/Board with clout-enough to swing her the new gig?

Marital or alma matter ties?

Follow the money. Or the personal ties.

You suppose there aren't at least a couple of better qualified educators/pro bureaucrats who aren't saying, "WTF?" seeing the job they thought they'd be a shoe-in for, suddenly evaporate? They probably know why/who chose to hire her too...

Watch for mystery large salary increases in the public numbers, and you'll know who got stiffed, probably.

Probably not a coincidence that the next big political money problem will be massive student loan debt, either.

There will be a "mouthpiece" already entrenched in one of the largest public higher-ed programs around -- by the time that house of cards tumbles -- to say whatever "they" want "an educator" to say. Someone the general public recognizes on their TV.

Pretty brilliant strategy, honestly. Stay ahead of the upcoming bankruptcy with people who already can draw a media audience.

Countdown to "Banks and people who want them to be run by market value and demand are evil, I can't run my beautifully managed schools I 'fixed' without free money!"... 2 years, maybe?

Nearly perfect positioning too. California. Big votes. Pretty children. Good TV fodder.

. . . she will be paid more than three times her present salary.

The person she is replacing also receives three times her present salary. Her government salary is low compared to the job she is going into.

No one knows who the president of the University is anyway. I'm looking at my diploma (I went to the University of CA) and I don't even recognize the guy's name.

No one knows who the president of the University is anyway. I'm looking at my diploma (I went to the University of CA) and I don't even recognize the guy's name.
We can only hope this next one fades into obscurity so well.

Well, Janet's leaving, so the system must have worked.

Back