Misc Avionics

TWinter

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TWinter
Plane goes in the shop Monday for GDL-88 install.

I need to create a "GDL-88 Fund'.

All is listed on EBay:

GARMIN GDL-39 3D no battery version, but with accessories and original new box.

ZAON XRX with case, cords and manuals

SKYGUARD TWX ADS-B VISION-PRO This is portable in/out ADSB. http://adsb.skyguardtwx.com/uat-transceivers/

MONROY 300 TRAFFIC + WATCH

BENDIX KING av8or w/ all accessories

BOSE A20 HEADSET Non-BT

GARMIN AERA 796 XM/WX Excellent Condition with a few extra mounts

I also have the power cord to interface the XRX to the Aera 796. Displays traffic on 796 This will also power a GDL-39. So really you get all three off of one source.

I have another cord for the 696. It will power the XRX and data from the Zaon XRX.

My email is : tpwinter@bellsouth.net

Last edited:
Looks like you had it covered with all the portables. Nice selection. I'm all set for now but good luck.

Fwiw.... I have a GDL88 and find my Stratus even more valuable in the plane now that I am the aDSB unbrella. In fact, I see more traffic on Foreflight than on the 430w

Since the GDL is going to be activating all the towers, you get all the features of Foreflight all the. Time, not just when you in someone else's adsb umbrella.

So, if your keeping Foreflight, do yourself a favor and keep the Stratus.

That is quite the collection of gadgetry.

I guess I'm a gadget junkie..lol. I'll keep in mind regarding the ForeFlight and Stratus. They are actually my favorite combination..the Skyguard actually does work well as a in/out and seems to make a difference. I can understand what you are saying as far as picking up better and more of a complete picture using FF and Stratus.

Last edited:
I have had dealings with Tom, strait up dude and honest as they come - just wanted to leave a little feedback

My buddy is wanting a skyguard after flying with mine so I will tell him about yours

I have had dealings with Tom, strait up dude and honest as they come - just wanted to leave a little feedback

My buddy is wanting a skyguard after flying with mine so I will tell him about yours

Thanks for the positive follow-up. Tell him about it. I would rather sell it to someone on the forum instead of Fleabay.

I bought the Aera and met Tom today. Straight up deal, very happy.

Pliatus PC12 parking next to a me and having the pilot say, "Ohh...never seen a Cherokee with all LED lights on it".....Priceless.

Jeff, It was great meeting you and your son. Next time lunch is on me. Hopefully I can make it your way sometime. Your plane looks great..I look forward to seeing all your upcoming additional upgrades. Fly safe..a pleasure meeting and doing business with :)

Back