Miramar Air Show

Luvrv8

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KCMA flyer
Miramar is coming up quick. I will be helping a friend with his Fairchild PT-19 that will be on static display. As of now we will be in the area Wednesday before the show to set up a live feed while flying it for a local station, should be fun. If any of you are around the show please come by and say hello, I know I will be a bit bored after a couple days babysitting the plane.

Only there for one show at Miramar. They do it up right though with a solid line up.

From the '99 show with the late Bill Reesman. Was a real nice guy and appreciate him taking us up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864.5 KB · Views: 24
Bill was a great guy. Both of his Migs were in a hangar behind mine. He had some great stories.

Only there for one show at Miramar. They do it up right though with a solid line up.

From the '99 show with the late Bill Reesman. Was a real nice guy and appreciate him taking us up.

I remember watching his demos back in the day. Maybe I am confusing him with someone else on this, but wasn't he the one with a MIG-15 that had an engine fire somewhere near Salem, OR and brought it down into Eugene?.....I know there is a burned out red MIG-15 that has been sitting behind a hangar at Mahlon Sweet for at least 20 years now.

I remember watching his demos back in the day. Maybe I am confusing him with someone else on this, but wasn't he the one with a MIG-15 that had an engine fire somewhere near Salem, OR and brought it down into Eugene?.....I know there is a burned out red MIG-15 that has been sitting behind a hangar at Mahlon Sweet for at least 20 years now.

I believe he had a 2 seat MIG-15 and the Red Bull MIG-17 pictured. He did Miramar pretty much every year for awhile there so I'm sure you saw his demos at one time or another.

It was cool of him to take us up. One of his reps came up to the tower and said they could take three of us in the Lear. We went down there and one of his people said they could take only one now. Bill said no, they'll just do two hops so we could all get to go. Nice guy.

I believe he did burn down a Mig up north.

His silver Mig was a 2 seat 15 and the red one was a single seat 17.

Could have been, he was up north in the 90's before he moved down to Camarillo Airport. He told me about that fire, aluminum fuel line had cracked leaking fuel that soon was a full blown fire. Some sort of lawsuit erupted over that as well. I can't remember all of the details around it. I enjoyed talking to him, he really loved to perform and was very personable.

Back