Minneapolis - Anoka County

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
Need to go to Gander Mountain in Forest Lake, MN, tomorrow (Saturday). Was planning on flying into Anoka County. Two FBO's advertise courtesy cars - Cirrus Flight Operations and Key Air Twin Cities.

Anything to distinguish between the two?

I fly out of Anoka and Cirrus is the old established FBO on the airport, Key air is the new FBO on the block. Most of the GA pilots on the airport deal with Cirrus, I know our club gets great service from them. What time are you coming in. Also I don't know if you're aware that there's a Gandr Mountain right in Blaine that's almost under the final for runway 9.
Dave

Thanks.

The reason for that Gander Mountain is that GM is getting out of the boat business and have tremendous blow out bargains in place, however they have consolidated all boats to certain "central" stores. We had a local Gander Mountain do a search and the closest location with the model my wife wants is the Forest Lake Store.

We may delay until Sunday now depending on weather (currently Sunday looks like a better day).

I want to see pictures of the boat hitched up to the Arrow for the return trip!!! :)

I want to see pictures of the boat hitched up to the Arrow for the return trip!!! :)

ROTFLMAO:D

This is to scope it out and make the purchase. Will drive up in the F-150 to pick it up in a couple of weeks (assuming it works out).

I'll have to say this though. The new building that Key Air is in is BEAUTIFUL. And the hanger attached to it is equally fantastic...surgically white and clean.

Attachments

• P1010104.JPG
    P1010104.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • P1010111.JPG
    P1010111.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
So how did the boat shopping go?

We bought the boat!!! A Tahoe Q5iSF.

I must say, Cirrus was fantastic! They drove the courtesy car up beside the plane, put a red carpet on the ground, and even printed directions. My wife was VERY impressed. She said she had never been treated as well!

Now I have to drive up on the 20th to pick it up.:(

I must say, Cirrus was fantastic!

That was my experience as well. :yes:

They drove the courtesy car up beside the plane, put a red carpet on the ground, and even printed directions. My wife was VERY impressed. She said she had never been treated as well!

Now I have to drive up on the 20th to pick it up.:(

Well, maybe if you drive the truck to Cirrus, they'll pull a plane up beside you and put the red carpet down. ;)

Back