Minimum age for medical?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Does one need to be of solo age to get their medical? Can I take my 3 year old son in?

Does one need to be of solo age to get their medical? Can I take my 3 year old son in?

Per the AME's handbook, there is no age limit.

In anticipation of PBOR2, are you planning on getting your kid to get a medical certificate now, before you pump him full of Ritalin and SSRIs as a teen? :dunno:

More than one way to skin a cat. Actually there are 875 ways but that's a story for another time.

Make sure he can read and knows his numbers, otherwise he might have problems with the eye charts and color plates.

Per the AME's handbook, there is no age limit.

In anticipation of PBOR2, are you planning on getting your kid to get a medical certificate now, before you pump him full of Ritalin and SSRIs as a teen? :dunno:

He won't get those. But I am considering getting him one now so he never has to deal with the frustration of deal with the brainless aeromedical guys in OKC because he stubbed his toe once.

We joke, bit this is the dumbass type of scenario our elected leaders came up with as the best solution to the 3cm.

But.. You would want to wait until he is 7, otherwise it would be null before he could take advantage of it :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Boy, Nick. When did you get so surly?

The day some idiot in OKC Decided kidney stones was a disqualifying medical condition that left me with no options to renew my 3rd class medical.

I have a high tolerance for idiocy too.

We joke, bit this is the dumbass type of scenario our elected leaders came up with as the best solution to the 3cm.

But.. You would want to wait until he is 7, otherwise it would be null before he could take advantage of it :)

Good point!

Any reason an AME couldn't issue to a 7 year old who is healthy?

Make sure he can read and knows his numbers, otherwise he might have problems with the eye charts and color plates.

Lol! Wouldn't that be a crappy Reason to fail? Not knowing the right word to use...

The day some idiot in OKC Decided kidney stones was a disqualifying medical condition that left me with no options to renew my 3rd class medical.

I have a high tolerance for idiocy too.

There are ways to get past the kidney stone issue, granted its not cheap and it has to show no more stones or what you have are stable. There have been a ton of threads on that.

Pain from a trapped stone can be debilitating to the point you pass out or so doubled over in pain that you can't land.

There are ways to get past the kidney stone issue, granted its not cheap and it has to show no more stones or what you have are stable. There have been a ton of threads on that.

There have. And as I posted in most of them, when you continually produce them and never pass them (they dissolve naturally the way they should), it is impossible to prove To the FAA thst you dont have them or that they're stable.

Pain from a trapped stone can be debilitating to the point you pass out or so doubled over in pain that you can't land.

Good thing I rarely pass them, and when I do, I know about 2 days ahead of time that it's gonna happen...

Only if it takes 10 years to get the law passed.

The 10 year limit is for those of us who had a medical long before the bill (as currently worded) passes. Once passed (as currently worded), a medical at age 3 is good forever.

Lol! Wouldn't that be a crappy Reason to fail? Not knowing the right word to use...

HaHa.... Yeah, I wonder what the SI would look like? Full battery of spelling tests by an FAA approved 3rd grade teacher?

Only if it takes 10 years to get the law passed.

The 10 year limit is for those of us who had a medical long before the bill (as currently worded) passes. Once passed (as currently worded), a medical at age 3 is good forever.
Good point.. Yet still sad and infuriatingly ridiculous that this is called 'reform'.

So just to make sure - my oldest son is now 6. If I take my son to an AME and get his 3rd class now, there’s no reason he’d ever have to play the FAAs medical game, right?

I figure he’s old enough to be able to answer the questions now. But would an AME issue a medical to a 6 year old?

So just to make sure - my oldest son is now 6. If I take my son to an AME and get his 3rd class now, there’s no reason he’d ever have to play the FAAs medical game, right?

I figure he’s old enough to be able to answer the questions now. But would an AME issue a medical to a 6 year old?

Doubtful, but if you find one who does, please post. Many others will want to take advantage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back