Mini rant...

You should have represented these guys. You'd have thought they were selling the only damn airplane in the world.

I didn't consider selling the Aztec to be particularly hard work, but I also went into it with what I thought were reasonable expectations and it seems like that assessment was accurate.

I'm willing to bet that some Sellers are just going through the motions for the wife, or accountant or estate or whatever. They really don't want to sell, but they show an effort, albeit a lame one just to appease the party that's providing the pressure. Why else would you go through the trouble to market and aircraft and then give inquirers a hard time when they want information about it?

Probably because they encountered that behavior pattern when they bought their plane and think that's how it's supposed to be done.

A high percentage of plane owners are clueless about market conditions and how to sell anything, including an airplane. It's been that way for as long as I've been in the business and not much anybody can do about that other than look elsewhere.

I'm willing to bet that some Sellers are just going through the motions for the wife, or accountant or estate or whatever. They really don't want to sell, but they show an effort, albeit a lame one just to appease the party that's providing the pressure. Why else would you go through the trouble to market and aircraft and then give inquirers a hard time when they want information about it?

You should have represented these guys. You'd have thought they were selling the only damn airplane in the world.

That's why I sold my airplane and didn't sell anyone else's.

I can honestly say that I've been on both ends, and I've tried to be as honest as possible and give folks good answers. Maybe that's why I finally have a deposit on the Taylorcraft despite it's issue.

Ryan

As it turned out, these guys knew some high-ups at FAA and got their pictures imprinted on the back of the licenses that we carry.

That's why I sold my airplane and didn't sell anyone else's.

As it turned out, these guys knew some high-ups at FAA and got their pictures imprinted on the back of the licenses that we carry.

Sounds like the guy who built our plane in his garage. Put his name all over the damn plane.

Selling airplanes is hard work. My first engagement was helping a couple of brothers from Dayton get rid of an Experimental that was a real dog and would barely get off the ground. After that I decided to work exclusively on the buy side and have liked it a lot better.

I have to admit, took me a minute

Back