Mini PoA fly-in today at Twin Oaks

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Tom and I had the privilege of meeting Scott Shekels' wonderful family today! He flew into the farm on his way from MN to TN. His wife and kids are GREAT people, and fun, as well. We appreciate Scott bringing his family to the farm and hope they can stay longer next time. At least we'll see them at Gaston's.

Chip flew up to LLU (after a nice fly-by in the Extra) and I flew in to town to get him and then provided some comic relief with my landings :)

Pictures attached. Sorry, no pictures of the Citabria bounces and go-around. But, I did manage to get a picture of my John Deere tractor in here ;)

Last edited:
Great pictures, Diana! You have some beautiful countryside. Looks like a happy day.

Very nice, must be sweet to have your own fly-in farm!

Great pics! I always love getting to see who different people really are!

So - whats the climb rate and cruising speed of that Deere? ;-)

Greebo said:

Whatever it is, when I manage get myself to Diana's, I'll be able to come up with the numbers for you.

I have a standing offer for a ride in the loader. :dance:

Yes, Diana, it's taking me forever but it's 'when' not 'if'.

Frank.

P.S. Something tells me I'm going to get myself put to work on the farm...

Greebo said:
Great pics! I always love getting to see who different people really are!

Yes, it's fun to actually meet you guys, too :)

Greebo said:

I think it probably cruises at about 8 mph, and the climb going up the hill on Runway 36 is probably 5 mph, but I'll have to calculate the rate next time I pull the roller :)

fgcason said:
Whatever it is, when I manage get myself to Diana's, I'll be able to come up with the numbers for you.

I have a standing offer for a ride in the loader. :dance:

Yes, Diana, it's taking me forever but it's 'when' not 'if'.

Frank.

P.S. Something tells me I'm going to get myself put to work on the farm...

You bet; the chain saws alone will take a day.

So much work to be done Frank, but only after we fly! :)

Diana said:
You bet; the chain saws alone will take a day.

So much work to be done Frank, but only after we fly! :)

The Diana's Farm roadtrip packing list:
All tool boxes and tools
Aeroplane Wax
Shovel
Dave Clarks
Gloves
E-6B
Hat
Farm work clothes (if they survive, great, if not oh well)

Hi! Just checking in! Finally got to a spot with reliable Internet! We had a great time seeing everyone at 08mo! VERY COOL! After we left, I asked the girls what their favorite part so far has been - Burgers at the farm and the meeting everyone there!

We are currently in Asheville, NC! (Via Charlotte - our usual optimal routing! LOL)

So far - 5 days, 103.1 gals LL, 15.0 hobbs, 1258 miles.

Next on to First Flight and the outer banks! (Wx Gods permitting!)

The Grand Adventure Continues -

S.

sshekels said:
Hi! Just checking in! Finally got to a spot with reliable Internet! We had a great time seeing everyone at 08mo! VERY COOL! After we left, I asked the girls what their favorite part so far has been - Burgers at the farm and the meeting everyone there!

Hey Scott, we wondered where you were and how you all were enjoying your vacation.

Next time y'all come down, we'll take the girls to Whale Lake and the natural prairie to pick wildflowers.

Y'all have a safe trip home!

Thanks again for stopping in. :)

Last edited:
Back