Mine!

Brown Santa (UPS) dropped off a big box from Jill at M-14P.com today, used Yak-18T spinner. I threw it on for a quick test fit and must say it completely changes the front end of the plane. I have always felt that without a spinner the Yak's look unfinished. Also got a new wing step (tough to mount up without the step). Going to order western style wingtips next week and then get the LED Nav/Strobes installed - making progress!!

Old Snout
20150220_144900_zpsqul3wlry.jpg

New Snout
20150220_144933_zps1tbjkifi.jpg

Western Style Wingtips
1125_3_zps06e177c3.jpg

Making it mine one step at a time.

'Gimp

Really cool plane. At the risk of offending, I kind of like it better without the red nose. Maybe it is the rudolph red color. Perhaps it'd look better in that white or brown paint.

Gimp, what is the overhaul cost of a Yak engine? I was just at my CAF Wisconsin Wing meeting and learned the cost of an eventual overhaul of their big 9-cylinder SNJ. Yikes.

Absolutely beautiful plane! Congrats looks like a hell of a lot of fun to fly!

Whenever you land at an airport, shut down and open the canopy, you BETTER yell at the line guys with a think Russian accent "Zis ees you-crane, no?" :lol:

Awesome plane, btw.

I'm insanely jealous...

Congratulations! Looks like a lot of fun.

Dream Machine for sure!!!! Have lots of fun for all of us!!!
And I like the new spinner too!!!

Whenever you land at an airport, shut down and open the canopy, you BETTER yell at the line guys with a think Russian accent "Zis ees you-crane, no?" :lol:

Awesome plane, btw.

Or better yet:

"I defect! Take me to see President Reagan."

Back