mine is nicer :)

that Fairchild is a very nice one. I hope he gets a lot more than 65 k for it.

Lawreston said:
Anyone who would challenge that statement(the Title) is a fool.

:yes: What he said.

You can tell that's not Tom's work though. There's a couple wrinkles and what looks like a hole :eek: on the interior fabric near the back seat shoulder harness attach point. I don't think Tom would tolerate that for an instant. Overall a very nice plane though. I wonder what the woodwork underneath looks like.

It looks georgeous. And then Tom's will be even better. I'm really looking forward to seeing his when it is finished. His airport isn't all that far from mine. :D

No, really, y'all . . .

What's the crank handle for, located above and behind the front seats, in between the attachment points for the shoulder harnesses?

etsisk said:
No, really, y'all . . .

What's the crank handle for, located above and behind the front seats, in between the attachment points for the shoulder harnesses?

Trim wheel

No, not the trim wheel - that's in the front, is silver and located above the windscreen and has a combination wheel and marker dial. The thing I'm talking about is red and some sort of crank, located above the pilot/passenger's heads, and centerline.

etsisk said:

It's not a crank handle. It's a cockpit light. (a very rare one)

A question for you folks, do you like the little round flying horse or the wings emblem?

Attachments

• Fa.gif
    Fa.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 5
NC19143 said:
A question for you folks, do you like the little round flying horse or the wings emblem?

Yeah, I think it looks good, why? What options/plans are being offered?

NC19143 said:

Tom: Is the flying horse historic with Fairchild, or is there some connection with the old Tydol-Veedol Flying A gasoline of so long ago that some of our younger PoA would never remember same?

HR

NC19143 said:

I think it depends on where it's located.
The round flying horse is conservative and works nice on instruments (IIRC oil pressure gauge in your plane) and on the seatback on the one that's for sale. The winged version is kind of nice on the tail and I've seen it on several others that way. Winged on the outside, round on the inside seems to work.

Which is more traditional or has it been mix and match?

Then again, I haven't seen many samples so I could change my mind completely.

Lawreston said:
Tom: Is the flying horse historic with Fairchild, or is there some connection with the old Tydol-Veedol Flying A gasoline of so long ago that some of our younger PoA would never remember same?

HR

I haven't seen a Flying A gas station in YEARS. Like, maybe since I was a kid?

Ghery said:
I haven't seen a Flying A gas station in YEARS. Like, maybe since I was a kid?

Here you go. Tydol-Veedol items are collectibles and are all over E-bay.

-Skip

Attachments

• tydol.jpg
    tydol.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 7
If you enlarge the photo of the panel, the paint above the airspeed indicator looks like it has bubbled up pretty badly.
Definitely not up to the Downey standard. See the photos of HIS panel on his website.

Ain't even close.

Keith Lane said:
If you enlarge the photo of the panel, the paint above the airspeed indicator looks like it has bubbled up pretty badly.
Definitely not up to the Downey standard. See the photos of HIS panel on his website.

Ain't even close.

Not even close. Face it, the factory wasn't up to Tom's standards.

Ghery said:
Not even close. Face it, the factory wasn't up to Tom's standards.

IMHO: That's because Tom is doing this because he wants to it. Getting it done correctly is more important than just getting it done. The paycheck is a secondary consideration after the fact.

True passion wins every time.

Back