Mind if I barge in?

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I don't think I'm going to Alaska this year, but damn it, I'm not just going to sit around and not go anywhere. So, I figure a trip like the attached might be in order. The trip would be clockwise, and I'd like to end up in Ames for the glideathon.

So, who likes self inviting guests? :D

Attachments

• tejasglideathon.jpg
    tejasglideathon.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 116
If I'm around, about 50 miles north of KOUN is KSWO where I'm at.

If you don't have other arrangements, I could probably let ya hitchike to the glideathon.

I don't think I'm going to Alaska this year, but damn it, I'm not just going to sit around and not go anywhere. So, I figure a trip like the attached might be in order. The trip would be clockwise, and I'd like to end up in Ames for the glideathon.
Hey! I just noticed that 08MO is on the route! (I'm slow, and I don't always read all the threads.) Come on in and stay a spell. :) When are you coming?

So, who likes self inviting guests? :D
Well, what can I say? I'm doing it for the entire month of May. :) Well, except for the fact that I may end up in a tent part of the time.

I'm pretty sure I'll drive because its deffinitly dependable that I'll get up and back. Plus I'm wanting to leave on Friday and come back possibly monday, maybe sunday.

How come nobody want to fly through Tn?? If it's because I live here I'll move.

If you enjoy biplanes, you should plan a stop at 1H0 Creve Coeur near St.; Louis. Historic Aircraft Restoration Museum 314-434-3368

3 large hangers full of antiques and many more in restoration. I stumbled onto it on a business trip same day as a Waco Fly in there.

Gary Gembala

Hey! I just noticed that 08MO is on the route! (I'm slow, and I don't always read all the threads.) Come on in and stay a spell. :) When are you coming?

Who wouldn't put 08MO on a trip like that??? You're hospitality is legendary.

Missa

I would anticipate leaving here on the 24th/25th/26th. Your place is only a 4 hour flight (no wind), looks like Addison is only a 2 hour hop. Only an hour from there to Norman/OKC. Then 2 four hour legs to get home via Ames. Plan is to land in Ames on the 31st, and then head home on April 1.

The number of days at each place depends on the annoyance load I impose on my guests. :D

Looks like Eds routes get shorter as he gets older.

This one isn't an age issue, it's a passenger/money issue. I really don't feel like doing Alaska solo. And with having to put $13k into a house repair, that took a massive chunk out of the flying funds - like all of it. I'll be lucky to get 70 hours on 12R this year. Now if you want to coordinate a fund so I can go to Alaska, be my guest!

If you enjoy biplanes, you should plan a stop at 1H0 Creve Coeur near St.; Louis. Historic Aircraft Restoration Museum 314-434-3368

3 large hangers full of antiques and many more in restoration. I stumbled onto it on a business trip same day as a Waco Fly in there.

Gary Gembala

And if you are going here, stop at Rolla/Vichy and check out the P-51s

Ed:

I see Addison is on here and we'd love to see you. Spike is out of town; maybe he'll check in and I'll tell Troy. You are talking about this month, right? Or did I miss when.

Best,

Dave

Leave home on March 24/25/26 and get back home on April 1.

Ed:

I see Addison is on here and we'd love to see you. Spike is out of town; maybe he'll check in and I'll tell Troy. You are talking about this month, right? Or did I miss when.

Best,

Dave

I hope to be in KSTJ/KAMW for the glide-a-thon the last weekend of March, departing 3/30, but if Ed get's down here before then, I'll join up to see him, for sure!

And if you are going here, stop at Rolla/Vichy and check out the P-51s

there's P51s there!? We stopped there on the way back from Memphis for gas and saw the DC-3's. Wish we woulda known about that, the guy I was with is a P51 nut, plans to go to the gathering of mustangs and legends.

Jay, I haven't been in there yet. A good camping desitination from what I've been told.

Yeah, it looks like it could be some fun!
Sound like you can take a golf cart from the airport into the little town.

Hey sure you gonna get that routing? C90 will most likely have you direct EON on both directions.

But that is a cool trip to take. My long trip this year was supposed to be down to Fl. but that is now gonna probably just be Kentucky.

Hey sure you gonna get that routing? C90 will most likely have you direct EON on both directions.

But that is a cool trip to take. My long trip this year was supposed to be down to Fl. but that is now gonna probably just be Kentucky.

You think I'm going IFR near Chicago? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How come nobody want to fly through Tn?? If it's because I live here I'll move.
Awwwww, Joe, it's not you! I have flown around TN, and I think it's a beautiful state! I just wanted to fly some places I've never been before, so that's why it's not in my planned route. :yes:

Ed:

I'm heading to South Carolina on Thursday the 29th and returning Sunday April 1. I see when you're leaving, but not when you will be down this-a-way. Sounds like Troy will be gone that last weekend of March also.

Best,

Dave

Ed:

I'm heading to South Carolina on Thursday the 29th and returning Sunday April 1. I see when you're leaving, but not when you will be down this-a-way. Sounds like Troy will be gone that last weekend of March also.

Best,

Dave

Well the plan would be to be in UUV for the fish fry on the 25th. End up at Twin Oaks that evening. Spend the night with Tom and Diana, and launch for Dallas area on the 26th, or maybe the 27th if I hang around SWMO for another day. So I would be arriving in Dallas at the lastest the 27th. Depart for OKC on the 29th or 30th, and arrive in Ames, Iowa on the 31st. Leave Ames for home on the 1st.

Well the plan would be to be in UUV for the fish fry on the 25th. End up at Twin Oaks that evening. Spend the night with Tom and Diana, and launch for Dallas area on the 26th, or maybe the 27th if I hang around SWMO for another day. So I would be arriving in Dallas at the lastest the 27th. Depart for OKC on the 29th or 30th, and arrive in Ames, Iowa on the 31st. Leave Ames for home on the 1st.

O.K. I have a guest room if you need it. Spike should be back the first of the week and we'll let him know. You can park the plane in front of my hanger if need be. Gas would be much cheaper on the way in or out; we can talk about that. I'll PM my cell number to you.

Best,

Dave

there's P51s there!? We stopped there on the way back from Memphis for gas and saw the DC-3's. Wish we woulda known about that, the guy I was with is a P51 nut, plans to go to the gathering of mustangs and legends.

North hangar has a P-51, T-6, Grumman Goose and several others. Best time to see them is during the week. If the weather is nice the door is open and you can walk around. Just wipe off the drool when you are done.:D

Sign me up for all the Ed-Abuse I can create. Back in town after spring break in 'Net-free-zone, subject to calendar check at the office tomorrow, but no problems expected.

/s/

Ok, my OKC plans had a wrench thrown in them, so I'm looking at this:

March 25 - Depart Hastings for Dean's Fish Fry, end the day at Twin Oaks(?)
March 26 - Bum around in the vicinity of the farm, end up somewhere in Texas? Houston? Dallas? Or maybe spend another night in MO?
March 27 - Definitely somewhere in Texas
March 28 - Addison
March 29 - Addison
March 30 - Depart for Ames with Troy W. If he cares to fly formation up there.
March 31 - Ames
April 1 - Head for home.

Ok, my OKC plans had a wrench thrown in them, so I'm looking at this:

March 25 - Depart Hastings for Dean's Fish Fry, end the day at Twin Oaks(?)
March 26 - Bum around in the vicinity of the farm, end up somewhere in Texas? Houston? Dallas? Or maybe spend another night in MO?
Sounds good to us Ed. We have a lot of rain forecast, so I'll keep you posted. LLU is only 5 miles away if the runways are too soft. Rudy Belew may want to fly with you (or at least hang out) if you're going to be around and if he isn't working or in classes. Then there's Chip...he's kinda on your way south.

Diana, don't you think that, if Chip hears Ed's coming, he'll run away, fast?

Ed,
You can stay at my house when you get back to 9D9 if you don't want to stay in your own :goofy:

Mike

Hey Ed have you ever flown in 3W2 Put-in-Bay?

Thinking I want to stop there on the way back from 6Y9.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/3W2

Put-in-Bay is a fun destination. I've been there many times. Rent a golf cart at the airport and drive all around the island. There is enough to keep you busy for an entire day. (Check out the wineries, and if you are into history, check out the visitors center and learn about the battle of Lake Erie - Yes, there was a huge ship battle in Lake Erie!) At night, it becomes quite the happening place with tons of bars, bands and boaters. If you are into that, there are plenty of B&B's on the island to stay at.

Just watch the huge tower if you are taking off on Runway 3! It comes up fast when taking off.

Here is a write up and some pics:

http://www.uofmflyers.org/putinbay.html

Back