Milwaukee TFR DURING AirVenture

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
Anyone flying into or out of OSH from Thursday, 23 July at 1500Z (1000 local) through Sunday, 26July until 2200Z (1700 local) should be aware of a TFR centered on the Milwaukee lakeshore from the surface through 16,000.

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_5_5692.html

The geniuses at the Milwaukee Air and Water show picked that weekend for their show (it's usually in early August) and are hosting the USAF Thunderbirds and the US Navy Leapfrog Parachuting team.

So if you want to take the lakeshore route when leaving OSH, you may be out of luck.

If traveling southbound, I'd recommend staying west of Timmerman (KMWC) or the Timmerman VOR (LJT). Staying west of the Badger VORTAC (BAE) will give you a lot more breathing room.

Fly safely.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time they have scheduled the same week.

As long as the pilot does some type of preflight check the TFR on the MKE lakefront is easy to miss. With the class C in the area most would be on alert if planning to fly through the area.

Other than that, just angle towards the Chicago shoreline and stay West of MKE airspace. With the precise moving map GPS many have easy to do, yes I'd give a mile or 2 for buffer and 200'.

As long as the pilot does some type of preflight check the TFR on the MKE lakefront is easy to miss. With the class C in the area most would be on alert if planning to fly through the area.

Other than that, just angle towards the Chicago shoreline and stay West of MKE airspace. With the precise moving map GPS many have easy to do, yes I'd give a mile or 2 for buffer and 200'.

Preflight check? There are people coming into OSH this week who never heard of a NOTAM.

Back