Milwaukee (MKE)

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Is there any way to pick someone up at Milwaukee (MKE) without getting raped at Signature? Not getting fuel. No services needed. Just need to get someone from the terminal.

I just looked at AirNAV Ed and it looks like Signature is the only option and NOT an inexpensive one either:(

I thought if an airport received federal funding they had to provide a way to get into the facility without using an FBO???

Is there any way to pick someone up at Milwaukee (MKE) without getting raped at Signature? Not getting fuel. No services needed. Just need to get someone from the terminal.

Land at Timmerman and borrow the crew car to pick them up.

I wonder if Signature waives fees for non-profit organization flights.

And don't be fooled by the rooftop sign on arrival to MKE that reads: Welcome to Cleveland!

Ed as someone who's been there and has been dropped off at Signature in order to get a ride to the terminal I can say, I don't think so. I vote for Lance's solution of Timmerman + crew car.

I am based at Waukesha- it is around 30min from MKE, and they have a crew car and a great brand new FBO. Much nicer than Timmerman, and just a few minutes farther by car.

Ed,

At MKE you're stuck with $ignature - And you know how I feel about them.

There are several other options that are much better. MWC and UES are both close to freeways and will allow you to drive to MKE the easy way, but the closest airport is actually RAC. All three have cars. When I need to do something in Milwaukee I just pick whichever of the three is closest.

If this is for an Angel/Lifeline flight, you could try calling ahead to see what they'll do to you, but I doubt that they'll waive anything. Barring that, find out which hospital they're at so you can see which airport is closest - Columbia/St Mary's or St Joseph's use MWC, Froedtert use UES, St Francis use RAC, etc.

Back