MILLIONS TO BE MADE!!!

Living near wine country, where lots of people dream of owning a winery, one of the sayings is something like...

What's the best way to own a $10 million winery? Buy a $20 million winery.

I suspect the same is true with owning an airplane manufacturer.

Maybe it'll get sold to the Chinese, too.

Well, they do say that it's the best aircraft that's ever been built...

As they say, it's easy to make a small fortune in aviation...

You just have to start with a large fortune.

.....With absolutely no competition from any market!

They were quick to exclude experimentals. :lol:

That would be a serious aircraft. What would something like that sell for in the certified world? $500k?

If the R&D of $500 K is already spent, and you could buy it cheap...... Hmmm.

I think you could sell them for $500k and still make money. :dunno:

The problem is liability. Waivers?

At approx $300,000 or so for the engine and my guesstimate is $100,000(I heard there was $70K liability insurance built into a C172 a few years back) per airframe in liability insurance.... I don't see it.

At approx $300,000 or so for the engine and my guesstimate is $100,000(I heard there was $70K liability insurance built into a C172 a few years back) per airframe in liability insurance.... I don't see it.

You are probably right. I don't need another money losing business, but it would be fun!

Make plane, sell plane, close doors. Buy all equipment from yourself for $1. Open new company, make plane, sell plane, close doors....

Skip the liability insurance.

I think what you'd end up with would be a type certificate or two, a one-off certified airplane and a lifetime supply of parts.

The Meyers 200 is a sweet ship....

The Meyers 200 is a sweet ship....

Actress Susan Oliver and actors James Franciscus, and Cliff Robertson, among others, owned and flew them. Here's short video segment of them arriving in their planes at a Reno Air Race a few decades ago:

News clip showing actress Susan Oliver (she played "Vina" in the original Star Trek pilot) departing on her transatlantic flight in her Aero Commander (Meyers) 200:

Yes you can make millions....As long as you have billions to start with

Back