Milling Machine

This is my mill/drill. Its just for small parts. If I need any real machining done, I have a friend with a pro shop down the road that'll do one-off projects for me for cost of materials and a little beer and pizza.

I just got it last year. Purchased a dividing head for it. But, haven't done much with it other than milling some mount blocks for my flap control, and drilling some holes in chromoly tube. I need to move it to my hanger and really set it up properly. Right now I have it on a moveable base, which doesn't make for great precision.
  • Motor: 1 HP
  • Table size: 26-5/8 in. x 7-1/16 in.
  • Longitudinal travel: 18-7/8 in.
  • Cross travel: 6-7/8 in.
  • Spindle taper: R-8
  • Number of speeds: Variable
  • Max spindle to table: 13 in.
  • Max spindle to column: 7-1/2 in.
  • Shipping weight: 372 lbs.
51845597764_c3fe229868_c.jpg

Last edited:
Both of those are cool! Of the two, I think I'd actually prefer the green one. Then I could blame the machine for my poor skills. With the 5x, I'd have trouble doing that.

Both of those are cool! Of the two, I think I'd actually prefer the green one. Then I could blame the machine for my poor skills. With the 5x, I'd have trouble doing that.

Yeah, the 5x should be interesting. I just hope I wait a few years before I crash it. It only has a 6" diameter by 6" high machining range.

Friend of mine has a smithy bought it years ago 1990's. It's a Lathe Mill Combo he likes it not as good as a Bridgeport cost lot less doesn't need 3 phase power. When I first got out of high school thought I wanted to be a machinist went to community collage and then got a job quick even before I graduated from the program. Found out it wasn't for me went back to school for computer science after 2 years at it. Spent many hours standing in front of a Bridgeport mill. Today wouldn't even remember how to operate it.

https://smithy.com/collections/granite-xt

Back