Millenia Headset

jthistle

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JThistle
I have a Millenia MIL-2040 headset and I need to replace the ear cushions. I can't find any direct replacements. Does anyone know of any cushions that will fit this headset?

Shane, can you do anything with a LS 30-3G ear cushions?

No, we stayed away from the proprietary stuff, because of low need/demand. Aircraft Spruce carries them though, for about 20 bucks I think.

Thanks... electronically, they are working great... but the ear pads have developed a bad case of black flaky stuff.

Thanks... electronically, they are working great... but the ear pads have developed a bad case of black flaky stuff.

Ya, ear-seals are definitely a "perishable" item. Some ooze, some flake, some crumble.. hehe

Yep, my wife has had several oozing ear pads on her David Clamps. Just makes me love the silicone inserts in my Halos even more . . .

They also cost $3.00 a pair if I want to replace them.

Cheers!

Shane, you oughta do a Bose cushion, there are lots of those out there. Mine have a lovable quality all their own when it's time to replace them. When descending from anything above 3500 msl, they will squeal (Loudly!) and squawk and cause all sorts of terrible noise in the noise cancelling electronics.

Shane, you oughta do a Bose cushion, there are lots of those out there. Mine have a lovable quality all their own when it's time to replace them. When descending from anything above 3500 msl, they will squeal (Loudly!) and squawk and cause all sorts of terrible noise in the noise cancelling electronics.

Hehe, nice. That is actually pretty common in a few different ANR headsets. Ours only make that squealing sound if you cover the internal mics by accident, but it is a horrible sound.
As far as other shapes of earseals, again, we have our soft, lovely leatherette earseals that fit on 80% of all headsets, and we just want to stay as far away from single maker accessories as possible. I just don't want to get into tooling that stuff for 1 or 2 sales a week.

Hank, I'm glad you like your in-ears. I can't use them, because they hurt like hell in about 4 seconds. Nearly as bad as DC Clamps did. That's why I ended up making my own, hehe.

Last edited:
Yep, my wife has had several oozing ear pads on her David Clamps. Just makes me love the silicone inserts in my Halos even more . . .

They also cost $3.00 a pair if I want to replace them.

Cheers!
There's a lot to be said for quality silicone inserts. I have had my headsets (light speeds, DCs, and Bose) for quite some time and have not needed any replacement but then again, they'd all been back to the factory within the last couple of years.
The Lightspeeds and the Bose were bought used and the vendors treated me quite well. Even though they were all in decent shape when I received them, I had occasion to send them back. Clean and refurbed no questions.
I probably do not get much more than 20 or 30 hours a year per set what with my use and those of my pax. Still, they have lasted quite well.

Back