Military to Civilian Hours Conversion Question

INTJ

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
INTJ
Recently got a Special Issuance Class III and and am preparing to start flying again. I am going with an electronic logbook and will summarize all my USAF flight time and SEL time. Should I bother to apply the .2 or .3 hours to each sortie? The USAF counts only flight time plus .1. I do not plan to do any professional flying again as nothing ruins a hobby faster than making it your job. I have 3400ish military hours.

With those hours and no aspirations, just go straight time. If you have not chosen your electronic version yet, you could choose one that can massage the entries, just in case, you know, regionals start handing out six figure signing bonuses. I, too, have no aspirations (yet) but I use a product from NCSoftware, as it can massage things any way you want, and different airlines want different massaging.

How does the AF log time? I could count a .1 here or there because the Army doesn't count ground taxi for takeoff as flight time. With 3800 hrs, I didn't bother with a conversion and wasn't needed for a job anyway. It's up to you.

Edit: disregard. I see "flight time plus .1."

Last edited:
I just use the same as the USAF time. When I started applying at airlines, they did the conversion (they all do a different conversion) for me.

Another vote to just go with your straight mil time as documented and not modify it at all.

Back