Mile high club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't ask to join the zero mile club!

I assume I need to be at least 5000 ft AGL to qualify? Also, does fellatio count? An ex-President, no less, claimed it does not. I also don't think it qualifies.

This is a serious request. All my non pilot friends at some stage crack some joke about it. My plan is to rent a 172 with AP, file IFR somewhere, wait until it is fairly quiet then bring out the champagne and candles (fake candles of course), and get busy. My current plan is to put my seat way back then ask my companion to climb on top of me. The plan would be to monitor ATC but pretty much ignore them unless something bad happens (like VFR traffic at my altitude or something like that), then when I get back on do the fake "Center, how do you hear?" and claim my COM1 was out or something.

This should be relatively safe.
Compared to what?

It's not smart, it's not safe, and it proves nothing. Folks talk about t all the time, but it's just ego at work (even if it's true, which I'm guessing 98% of the time it isn't). Just don't do it. And if you haven't the self-discipline not to, then you deserve what Martz got (and I ain't talkin' 'bout the sex act).

:sheesh:

When dr Ruth used to do her radio show, then her tv show, she would get questions where the caller would start giggling or crack up laughing after asking a question. She would answer the question anyway and explained that the caller may have meant it as a joke but some listeners may want to know the answer.

In this case ill note that the suggestion is to use flight following instead of filing ifr.

Yes, I know it is stupid, like having sex on your boss's desk. You don't want to be caught, but the thrill of doing something different is the goal here.
You know it's stupid, but you want to do it anyway just for the thrill? You really do deserve what Martz got -- an emergency revocation on the basis of having such poor judgment that nobody should trust you with an airplane.

I'm out.

You know it's stupid, but you want to do it anyway just for the thrill? You really do deserve what Martz got -- an emergency revocation on the basis of having such poor judgment that nobody should trust you with an airplane.

I'm out.

It's human nature. It is stupid to speed in your car, but (most) of us do it. It is stupid to cheat on your wife with that stunning redhead you met on a business trip. But many of us do it (a large portion of us). We're a risk taking species.

Lets look at Martz. He has his ticket back, and the memories of a helluva experience. Nobody died, nobody got hurt. He got caught and did his punishment. In retrospect, I would bet a large amount of money he would tell us he is GLAD he did it.

There is an easy safe way to do this.

It involves a couple of Nv. working girls and a part 135 operator.

it will cost a bit more than a 172 and a girl friend.

But you'll live to brag

Last edited:
I always heard that using the autopilot is cheating.....

There's an operator that specializes in this type of trip: http://flamingoair.net. Not sure who would find the back seats of a Cherokee Six over Cincinnati 'romantic', but I won't judge.

I keep coming back to the story about the vehicle accident report where the guy suffered severe blood loss and they girl nearly died from suffocation.

I keep coming back to the story about the vehicle accident report where the guy suffered severe blood loss and they girl nearly died from suffocation.

I pity the EMT who had to clear that air way.

Why stupid? I don't think so at all. There are several reasons why it is better to be flying IFR. First of all, my eyes will most definitely not be outside the plane. I will be glancing at the instruments occasionally and the AP will be flying the plane without reference to outside cues, for example keeping cloud clearance. Second of all, I will be at an IFR altitude and not have to worry about VFR traffic flying without a transponder, etc. Thirdly, ATC will be doing their best to keep me separated from other traffic.

Yes, I know it is stupid, like having sex on your boss's desk. You don't want to be caught, but the thrill of doing something different is the goal here.

Good thing VFR traffic never passes through IFR altitudes when climbing. :rolleyes:

Let me be the first to say...

Pete, is that you?

Crank the seat down and slide it back a notch or two and go backward riding broncho.

Hell, we don't give a crap if you do this and demonstrate unsafe decision making. Worst case, you end up crashed in a field somewhere. More likely, you end up making two touchdowns with only one takeoff.

But, I think I speak for all of us when I say: Please, don't use a rental I fly.

Lately his place has really become susceptible to trolls.

Can she log PIC time if she is the sole manipulator of the pilot in command?

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already, but PLEASE remember to turn off the gopro!

Closed pending MC review.

As a reminder, trolling is against the Rules of Conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back