Mile high club never.

I'm starting to understand why I see most of y'all flying all alone... :lol: :D :rofl: :goofy:

*sigh* You know GA is in a sad state when a good number of its participants talk of the need to take the blue bill to fulfill vital PIC duties....:D

Have you been to an EAA meeting lately? More canes and walkers than aircraft. It's sad.
Poor fellow here finished his plane, got an airworthiness cert and lost his medical before flying it.

Don't forget the mandolin

That is one patient wife. No doubt she was told about some romantic, secluded hot tub and got a watering trough on the prairie with warm water in it. On the other hand, the excellent mandolin, vortex generators, light weight starter and fat tires are clearly working their magic... :rolleyes2:

Can Mary log It if she's the sole manipulator of the pilot in command?

I'm curious, anybody know a NTSB report where the cause was found to be "pilot was distracted by a non aviation related activity"

I'm curious, anybody know a NTSB report where the cause was found to be "pilot was distracted by a non aviation related activity"

Yeah, I don't have links, but there are a couple where the NTSB doesn't make it difficult to read between the lines.

That is one patient wife. No doubt she was told about some romantic, secluded hot tub and got a watering trough on the prairie with warm water in it. On the other hand, the excellent mandolin, vortex generators, light weight starter and fat tires are clearly working their magic... :rolleyes2:

I'm not sure the wife was happy with the serenade, but the Cub sure was, given it's angle of attack. ;)

Yeah, I don't have links, but there are a couple where the NTSB doesn't make it difficult to read between the lines.

Yeah, one even mentioned the lack of seat belts and loose articles of clothing.;)

The problem is that I would have to get a comfier airplane first before the wife would even agree to something so "uncomfortable" (she's a spoiled American brat :D ).
Or maybe the problem is not the plane ... let me stop myself right here ... :eek:

Yeah, one even mentioned the lack of seat belts and loose articles of clothing.;)

http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/brief.aspx?ev_id=20001212X18632

"THE PRIVATE PILOT AND A PILOT RATED PASSENGER WERE GOING TO PRACTICE SIMULATED INSTRUMENT FLIGHT. WITNESSES OBSERVED THE AIRPLANE'S RIGHT WING FAIL IN A DIVE AND CRASH. EXAMINATION OF THE WRECKAGE AND BODIES REVEALED THAT BOTH OCCUPANTS WERE PARTIALLY CLOTHED AND THE FRONT RIGHT SEAT WAS IN THE FULL AFT RECLINING POSITION. NEITHER BODY SHOWED EVIDENCE OF SEATBELTS OR SHOULDER HARNESSES BEING WORN. EXAMINATION OF THE INDIVIDUALS' CLOTHING REVEALED NO EVIDENCE OF RIPPING OR DISTRESS TO THE ZIPPERS AND BELTS."

There was one I remember reading in the NTSB Reporter magazine years ago ( I don't recall the year and haven't been able to find it again in the database), but a pilot and passenger had gone up one night drunk and drugged. Airplane went pretty much straight in. The report included a statement that said something along the lines of: 'due to injuries sustained by the pilot, it was determined that the pilot and passenger were engaged in an act of oral sex at the time of impact.'

There was one I remember reading in the NTSB Reporter magazine years ago ( I don't recall the year and haven't been able to find it again in the database), but a pilot and passenger had gone up one night drunk and drugged. Airplane went pretty much straight in. The report included a statement that said something along the lines of: 'due to injuries sustained by the pilot, it was determined that the pilot and passenger were engaged in an act of oral sex at the time of impact.'

Well, that's one way to go.

We'll so much for a deserted airport. To my surprise there was 4 airplanes in the pattern including myself. Wife wasn't with me so I was flying solo anyway. I guess I would have to get fresky solo.:rolleyes2:

Back