Mild Allergy and Reporting

Falcon1199

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Falcons1199
This may not be a big deal but an NP just diagnosed me with allergies and prescribed Flonase. Haven't filled the RX yet.

What are the procedures for reporting this for a 1st class medical? Would I report the medication only if I filled the RX? Should I put it on there anyway even if I don't fill it? And most importantly, for a mild allergy such as this would I have to mark the "Allergy" box the next time I go in?

Thanks.

While Dr. Lou should be along eventually, how accessible is your regular AME for a consultative phone call?

Per the AOPA medications database, Flonase is permitted for allergies with a status report from the prescribing Doctor and documentation from him saying no adverse side effects.

So just ask your regular AME for what the letter needs to say and bring that to him when he needs it.

And welcome to PoA!!

Okay. Well I don't really want to have to deal with that I guess. It really isn't that bad to go fill the prescription and use the stuff.

I guess I was just wondering if I don't fill the medication do I still have to report anything on my medical form next time I go in?

While Dr. Lou should be along eventually, how accessible is your regular AME for a consultative phone call?

Per the AOPA medications database, Flonase is permitted for allergies with a status report from the prescribing Doctor and documentation from him saying no adverse side effects.

So just ask your regular AME for what the letter needs to say and bring that to him when he needs it.

And welcome to PoA!!

good job doctor ... stole my thunder! No biggie here ... i don't even require the letter for seasonal allergies and occas use of OK'ed medications. In response to airmans ?'s ... you saw a lic health practitioner ... it is reportable.

I don't think so. But the doc might have entered he proscribed it into your discoverable record. If you don't think you need the med, go back to the doc, return the script, and observe him entering you returned it unfilled.

That might be a bit above/beyond, but better to do that than bend something and have OKC chase you down asking about Flonase you never had or took.

Please keep in mind I am not a doc or AME and never mistake my ability to google things for a doctor's real coffee mug, I mean, medical degree.

il_214x170.886287954_tvaa.jpg

(Chuckles at Lou) I try to be helpful :).

While your here... Do you ever visit Sun-n-Fun? If so I might try to find you and say howdy in person.

Logged in, to correct a poster's vehement misinformation, in another string.

Flonase nasal spray is a certification yawn. You'll get good relief from it, too. FAA doesn't want you get sinusitis.

good job doctor ... stole my thunder! No biggie here ... i don't even require the letter for seasonal allergies and occas use of OK'ed medications. In response to airmans ?'s ... you saw a lic health practitioner ... it is reportable.

Thanks doc. I appreciate it. But I guess I was more worried about answering yes to the allergy reportable question.

Is that gonna be a problem in reinstating my medical? Do you know what needs to be done if I check yes and what the ramifications are if I don't put yes?

And thanks guys, just found this site today.

like all have said ... use the med, report it and go fly! keyword: #seasonalallergy

Have things changed? Years ago when I reported mild seasonal (nasal) allergies, I got a terse letter from FAA med saying Thou Must Never use antihistamines Whilst Flying etc etc, with threats of thunderbolt-laden skies on the letterhead. Well, it was terse anyway.

Have things changed? Years ago when I reported mild seasonal (nasal) allergies, I got a terse letter from FAA med saying Thou Must Never use antihistamines Whilst Flying etc etc, with threats of thunderbolt-laden skies on the letterhead. Well, it was terse anyway.
It probably depends on the antihistamine

many earlier antihistamines taken by mouth were sedating ... nasal applications and newer meds are not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back