Midwest - Saturday March 11th.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
ATTN: MI, IN, OH, WI, IL, PA, KY people!

Lets eat somewhere!

Muncie?
Jackson?
Morris?
Valpo?
WI?
OH?

Ed, didn't we do Muncie Oct 04? Nice place but would like to try some place new. The places I've been to in OH are more warm weather outings, Put-in-Bay, Kelley's Island, Coshocton. We were going to do Sikeston one year but the wx went south. I'm open ---- pending the WX of course.
Ron

I don't know many 'dromes with a place to eat on the field, I'm open to suggestions!! I did Muncie in Oct 2004.

bbchien said:

You could eat and learn!

There's an FAA Safety seminar going on March 11 at 10:00AM

"GNS430 Beyond 'Direct To'"
Topic: Garmin GNS530/430 GPS Familiarization and Operation
On March 11, 2006 at 10:00 AM
9980 N. Rt. 47
Maintenance Hanger
Morris, IL 60450

This seminar will provide an introduction to the operation of the Garmin GNS430/530 GPS for those pilots with no prior experience with the unit as well as cover more advanced operations for those that do. Some of these more advanced operations include checking RAIM, building and selecting flight plans, adding and deleting waypoints from flight plans, selecting and activating approach procedures, and flying GPS approaches including the transition to the missed approach segment.

To view further details and to register for this event, click here.
The FAA, AMT's, Pilots and Safety all come together at faasafety.gov!

I'll pencil it in.

I would be interested in flying somewhere for breakfast or lunch, if my airplane is returned to service in time. My battery(Gill-35) cooked sulfuric acid all over the inside of my rear fuselage. The battery box contained most of it, thankfully. A real mess. Pulling sheet metal and treating the affected areas. I am replacing the Gill with a sealed premium Concorde, which is scheduled to arrive by Friday. We'll see.

Morris IL - C09 - Cafe Cabaret
Lansing IL - KIGQ - Shannon's Pub
Jackson MI - KJXN - Airport Restaurant
Griffith IN - 05C - Mi Tierra Mexican Restaurant
Columbus IN - KBAK - Hangar 5 Restaurant
Franklin PA - KFKL - Primo Barone's Restaurant
Parkersburg WV - KPKB - Marys Plane View Restaurant

Heres a few photos of the Muncie-AOPA gathering from October 2004.
Gary

Attachments

• Muncie-AOPA group 10-04.jpg
    Muncie-AOPA group 10-04.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 25
  • RightSide.JPG
    RightSide.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 20
  • LeftSide.JPG
    LeftSide.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 20
heyo, morris is close enough to me to be a big maybe. Depends on a lot of things going right in the next week.

N2212R said:
Do your engines even get up to temp for that hop?? :rofl:

Don't know about Bruce but mine won't. Count me in for where ever as long as weather doesn't crap me out.

There is also The Flying Turtle in Mansfeild OH...

but I'll be in for anywhere if the weather is VFR. Going off to schedule the plane....

Missa

I like Morris - good food, good price.
I'm not a morning person, how's lunch sound?

smigaldi said:
Plane is down for annual right now. If all goes well I may have it back by the 11th. If so count me in.

Scott, if your plane is still down maybe I can swing by and pick you up? I'll need to go somewhere else to warm up the oil!

Ed, the GNS430 seminar at Morris that day is getting a lot of play. Airport maybe very busy. Want to try somewhere else?

im out no matter where you go. maybe next time...

Hey Gary, gimme a call, we'll go grab a bite somwhere tomorrow or sunday.

N2212R said:
Hey Gary, gimme a call, we'll go grab a bite somwhere tomorrow or sunday.

Thanks for your generous offer Ed, but my when my wife heard that there would be no flying this weekend she made arrangements to go see her parents(my in-laws).

Unfortunately, I have to drive her there! You talk about a bad situation getting worse, sheesh! :dunno:

Keep me posted on any upcoming events. Don't forget to mark your calendar for our GAAA Pancake Breakfast, Greenville Municipal(6D6)Sunday, August 27th 2006, 7:00am-12:00noon. I'll email reminder flyers, starting the end of July.

bstratt said:
Scott, if your plane is still down maybe I can swing by and pick you up? I'll need to go somewhere else to warm up the oil!

Woo Hoo the plane is back in my hands and after an annual that lasted a day and half with NO SQUAWKS!!

I guess it helps that I jsut got done having to retop the engine and fixed a bunch of other stuff forwall forward at the same time just a couple of weekes ago. The only thing that turned up was an AD that I will need to compy with by mid summer for my standby vacuum system.

11th sounds good to me. Where do you guys want to go?

Shannons (lansing), Mi Terra (Merrilville) , Karen's (Fulton County, IN), ????

I'm still planning for Morris. A little traffic never hurt anyone!

N2212R said:
I'm still planning for Morris. A little traffic never hurt anyone!

I agree but keep in mind the resturant there while good, does sometime implode when they have a lot to do. That unfortunetly is their weak area. If there are a lot of people there and they are doing catering it may be hours, literly, to get food. I was there once for a young eagles weekend and it took and hour to get scambled eggs. You may seriosly want to go somewhere else

smigaldi said:
If there are a lot of people there and they are doing catering it may be hours, literly, to get food. I was there once for a young eagles weekend and it took and hour to get scambled eggs. You may seriosly want to go somewhere else
I'm gonna go ahead and pass on this one then.

We don't HAVE to do Morris, but Dr. Bruce and I are getting there early and he's putting me through the ringer before lunch. Combined BFR/IPC - yikes! (First one of either for me) We can head somewhere else after wards if a few other planes are going to scare the rest of you off. :)

Ed, I've only been to Morris once. How big is the transiant parking area?

bstratt said:
Depending on the number of planes its gonna get crowded.

Don't think so. The area near the FBO and restaurant is limited but planes can back up onto the grass along the area outside.

Besides it's supposed to rain. The 430 owners going to the seminar aren't going to care about that, I suppose.

Last edited:
It's a NO GO. Wx Gods have muttered something.

N2212R said:
It's a NO GO. Wx Gods have muttered something.

It's good in MI though. Carolyn and I are takeing off about 10:30 to go K-zoo gonna grab a friend or an airport car and have Bilbos. Come along!

Missa

N2212R said:
We don't HAVE to do Morris, but Dr. Bruce and I are getting there early and he's putting me through the ringer before lunch. Combined BFR/IPC - yikes! (First one of either for me) We can head somewhere else after wards if a few other planes are going to scare the rest of you off. :)

As long as you don't end up as Dr. B's entry on the red board's "worst student" thread you will have done all right :D:D

N2212R said:

It's not the other planes scaring me off. It's the rain and low clouds. I could drive out to see ya.

Update: They aborted. Maybe next weekend.

We could celebrate St. Patty's day (with no beer!) at Shannon's Landing?

Last edited:
Back