Midwest pilots, can you say BOHICA?

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
If you fly for Midwest Airlines, you may be very interested in the FAA's Chicago airspace redesign, known as OMP "O'Hare Modernization Plan."
I am not an expert on these things, but I suspect that it will adversely affect you.:dunno:

Wow. Six parallel runways. Can you say, we can close up runway 13 at MDW? Tailwind? NOT a problem. We'll take 31C, and the stoplight at Archer and Central...

Did the prevailing winds in the Chicago area change? Looks like the are moving the main runways aby 45-60 degrees.

Did the prevailing winds in the Chicago area change? Looks like the are moving the main runways aby 45-60 degrees.

They hadda make sure dere was room for duh concrete contractors to get duh work. There are pesky suburbs around O'Hare.

It was duh concrete guy who got duh no bid deal ta bulldoze Meigs at midnight on triple overtime. And den wit da police protection all around keeping duh place secure some tings stored dere jest walked away from the buildings dat night.

When the church cemetery to the north was making moves to use the law that no church property can be taken for US. Projects., the city went to condemn the cemetery and take ownership so it wouldn't be church property.

Last edited:
LOL...it just kills me how hard up Chicago is to regain the "busiest and biggest" airport in America title. I mean EIGHT freaking runways? EIGHT? Hell the five at Atlanta are a lot, and do NOT land on the fifth runway, it is a 15 minute taxi to the terminal.

This is an insane design. I REFUSE to fly into O'Hare, give me Midway any day of the week.

You corporate jet jocks that fly out of Kenosha and Waukegan will be similarly impacted. Thanks for the link.

Back