Midwest Lunch This Weekend???

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Any takers?
I'll go 2 hours 1 way out of Grand Rapids, MI area.

Sat or Sun works for me. Weather doesn't look to be too bad at this point.

N2212R said:
Any takers?
I'll go 2 hours 1 way out of Grand Rapids, MI area.

Sat or Sun works for me. Weather doesn't look to be too bad at this point.

I ask if I can extend my Citabria time this weekend. I have it 12-2 both days. Sunday maybe better because if I can make a good landing in the wind I won't have to bring the instructor.

BTW, you may want to cross post the Babes, I know Dave doesn't check here very often.

And if your feeling up to it fly over to PTK tonight. 6:30 - 9 is a FAA saftey seminar (it at the Avation Station in the Northeast T hangers) I can bring subway if you want dinner ;)

Missa

Will it cost me $35 bucks to land there?

Valpo Sunday for Strongbow Inn?

We'd need to coordinate sharing of the crew car.

N2212R said:
Will it cost me $35 bucks to land there?

Just tell the tower your parking in the T hangers... there is some grass at the east side of Kilo row which is close to the avation station... but you could always call the avation station and ask if they have parking and if they have a fee.

Missa

mikea said:
Valpo Sunday for Strongbow Inn?

We'd need to coordinate sharing of the crew car.

Where's Valpo?

Last edited:
Valparaiso, Indiana. That's a short little hop for me. Just about perfect.

N2212R said:
Valparaiso, Indiana. That's a short little hop for me. Just about perfect.

I'll have to check... I've only got the Citabra for 2 hours. I'll see if I can get it for more and where that place is and how far from PTk and make a call.

Missa

AirNav says:
175.5 nautical miles WSW

That's aprox 1.75 hrs w/o wind... it's a maybe depending on IF I get my tailwheel endorsment on Saturday or if my instructor want to come : ) or if someone else wants to pick me up in say New Hudson and give me a ride... ; )

Missa

Last edited:
Wish i could go to VPZ but it's 4.5 from here, little to far for lunch Dave G

Sounds like a plan.

Saturday or Sunday?
What time?

Looks like I gotta do it on Sunday.
Sunday at VPZ for brunch sound good?

Last edited:
N2212R said:
Sounds like a plan.

Saturday or Sunday?
What time?

Looks like I gotta do it on Sunday.
Sunday at VPZ for brunch sound good?

I won't be able to make it this weekend. Heading to SC instead.

We do need to do this more often, I think the last time there was a good Midwest get-together was... Well, a long time ago. Actually, I think the last one was JVL with Lance, John L, Dave, and everyone else but me. :(

Have fun, and we'll have to do another one fairly soon!

We are visiting the Kalamazoo Air Zoo http://www.airzoo.org on Saturday the 12th. Arriving at 10:00am EST. They have a cafe/restaurant in the new facility. Everyone is welcome to join us. Not much of a flight for you, Ed, maybe 10 minutes?
Gary

Maybe another time:

TAF SOUTH BEND, IN
KSBN 122328Z 130024 16016G26KT P6SM SCT060 OVC100
FM0200 19015G25KT 6SM -SHRA OVC050
TEMPO 0206 5SM -TSRA BR OVC035CB
FM0800 22018KT P6SM BKN035
FM1400 25023G35KT P6SM SCT040=

N2212R said:
Maybe another time:

TAF SOUTH BEND, IN
KSBN 122328Z 130024 16016G26KT P6SM SCT060 OVC100
FM0200 19015G25KT 6SM -SHRA OVC050
TEMPO 0206 5SM -TSRA BR OVC035CB
FM0800 22018KT P6SM BKN035
FM1400 25023G35KT P6SM SCT040=

bah - its just a bit breezy...besides - they have a runway 27 :)

NickDBrennan said:
bah - its just a bit breezy...besides - they have a runway 27 :)

Yeah, but we need a runway 27 that auto-adjusts to be a ------------2-------------------7----------G----------------2---------------7

We're scrubbing.

Wanna try for next weekend or the one after Thanksgiving? Think you can STAND more turkey then?

Last edited:
We just decided to scrub a three leg LifeLine flight this morning due to the weather. First leg was from MFI in Wisconsin to DPA, then I was to take them from here to MGY in Ohio, where the third pilot was to take them to RDU. Winds at DPA are forecast to be gusting to 40kts until 4:00pm, several locations on the route reporting wind shear up to 2,000 AGL and an airmet for turbulence below 12,000.

Now I have to go out and pick up patio furntiure which has been scatterred all over my back yard!

Back